This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

“Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp” is a fun game for all ages! No gaming consoles? Don’t worry, “Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp” is mobile! It’s a free-to-play social simulation game in Nintendo’s “Animal Crossing” series for iOS and Android devices. It’s a fun interactive game where you get to design your own spaces for yourself and your little animal friends. You earn Bells and Leaves, the in-game currencies, by doing certain tasks in the game. With enough Leaves, Bells, and other materials the game provides you, you can build furniture and make clothes and food. Every day you have the chance to buy specially themed furniture cookies, which gives you items without the hassle of collecting materials to build them. These themes range from gothic, punk rock-themed items to elegant, tea party-inspired items.  

Aside from the soothing music, another part of the game is inviting as many animals to your campsite as you can. You can dress them up, and feed them sweet treats! They’re too cute to handle. I love playing this game to pass the time or when I get too stressed. I’m just in love with everything I can do in the game. Every time you log in there’s something new. If you like collecting cute things as I do, then this game is for you. My favorite part as seen below in the picture is dressing up my animal friends in the cutest outfits! 

You can also connect with friends all over the world. You can help each other with quests, water each other’s plants, or give “Kudos” if you like something of theirs! Side quests and events are always happening on Pocket Camp. With new events happening frequently, there are always new things to discover, you will never get bored! Additionally, Nintendo is always updating “Pocket Camp” to be the best experience it can be. Check it out, you won’t regret it! 

Annel Chavez

Agnes Scott '21

Annel Chavez is a student at Agnes Scott College. She's majoring in English Creative Writing with a minor in Spanish. She grew up in the Southside of Chicago and enjoys exploring her city when she can. Annel loves to read, write, draw, long walks, her dog, and anything that gets her creative mind going.