This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

Halloween is just around the corner and you know what that means… CANDY!!!! I know some people out there in the world don’t have a sweet tooth which is sad in its own right. I’m here to let you know that I’m not one of those people and I want to consume as much candy as possible. I’m excited for this year’s Halloween. For obvious reasons, it’s not going to be the same as other years (I’m looking at you Miss Rona) but I’m sure it’ll be something that will go down in history. 

Now, as I said in my article “It’s never too early to start decorating for Halloween!”  I’m not too sure what’s going to happen with Trick-or-Treating this year. So, that means you should buy even more candy, you’ll have more leftovers for yourself. I’m sure your wallet won’t cry too hard and maybe your bank account will go down a bit. But it’ll be worth it! Or you can always try buying candy after Halloween. Most stores tend to have Halloween candy at a discount, which is my personal favorite way of getting candy.

Speaking of candy, I’d like to think that most people, (I’m looking directly at your soul) the good and kind children of earth, know that dark chocolate is where it’s at. All candy is good candy! But chocolate is superior in every sense. It’s nice, smooth, and melts in your mouth. Can hard candies do that? I think not! Plus sour candy is also a good alternative. So treat yourself this Halloween and buy yourself bags and bags of candy!!!

Annel Chavez

Agnes Scott '21

Annel Chavez is a student at Agnes Scott College. She's majoring in English Creative Writing with a minor in Spanish. She grew up in the Southside of Chicago and enjoys exploring her city when she can. Annel loves to read, write, draw, long walks, her dog, and anything that gets her creative mind going.