This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

It’s clear that we are still in the middle of a pandemic so I decided to write about something fun you can do by yourself or with some friends. Of course, if you are planning on doing this activity with your friends, make sure they/and yourself test negative for COVID-19 and just trust your best judgment. 

Photoshoots in my opinion are the best and the most fun way to go! Depending on the style or setting you want it can be very inexpensive. It’s a great way to spend a day or evening with your friends or just yourself. It’s also an amazing way to hone a new or old skill set. You don’t even need an expensive camera– in this day and age a good phone camera is all that matters. The only equipment I would recommend buying is a tripod for the phone. But if you’re doing this with friends (or end up taping your cellphone to the back of a chair or standing it up on a surface) you should be good with taking turns. You don’t have to think too hard about it, play some music in the background, and just take pictures. 

Some cute ideas for a photoshoot are iconic outfits! Dress up in all sorts of styles, like vintage, alternative, lolita (Japanese fashion), cowgirl, animals, anime characters, princess/queens, Disney, decades (the 1950s, 1990s, 2000s, etc), holidays (Halloween, Valentines, etc) wigs, out-there makeup, etc! To add spice to these outfits, think of the background. An easy thing to do is use bedsheets (white if you don’t want to lose focus on the person) as a backdrop to create a nice clean background. In the background, you could even use stuffed animals, flowers, mirrors, food, swords, umbrellas, confetti, balloons, etc. Props can also be included, like crowns, vintage cards, bags/iconic purses, books, wine glasses, baskets, flowers, bubbles, wings, etc. Heck, if you have pets, you can turn it into a pet photoshoot. Don’t be shy of posing or doing different facial expressions. They don’t have to be ‘perfect;’ it’s about having fun and enjoying yourself. 

Nevertheless, this is a really cool project to do and you get a bunch of cute pictures that you can either post online like Instagram or maybe you can even make some TikToks. 

Annel Chavez

Agnes Scott '21

Annel Chavez is a student at Agnes Scott College. She's majoring in English Creative Writing with a minor in Spanish. She grew up in the Southside of Chicago and enjoys exploring her city when she can. Annel loves to read, write, draw, long walks, her dog, and anything that gets her creative mind going.