This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

While I enjoy a trip to Sephora or Urban Outfitters, nothing compares to the excitement I feel when I step inside a Lush shop. I’ve always had an interest in skincare, a consequence of growing up with extremely dry and sensitive skin. When shopping for sunscreen, a mask, or a body wash, I always extensively research products. I want to use products with minimal ingredients. When I started shopping at Lush, I was enthusiastic about their emphasis on natural skin care. However, I, unfortunately, do not have an unlimited budget. So I have to prioritize what products I want to buy from Lush. Here are the top five Lush products that are well worth the investment.

1. Lip Scrub

I have always had a propensity for dry skin. I often have cracked lips in the winter; this is not only unattractive, but it is also extremely uncomfortable. I have found that the best way to not have chapped lips, is through prevention, that is by exfoliating the lips. However, it is really difficult to find a good lip scrub; they’re either too harsh or not harsh enough. That is why I love Lush’s lip scrub. The castor sugar in the product exfoliates the lip and the jojoba oil moisturizes leaving your lips to be soft and smooth. The best part is that once you’ve rubbed the scrub in, the excess is safe to lick off. The scrub comes in a variety of flavors including honey, chocolate, and mint julep (although my personal favorite is the bubblegum)!

2.  Cup O’Coffee Mask

If you’re looking for a mask that you can apply morning or night, Cup O’Coffee is for you. The coffee and cocoa aroma definitely wakes you up. The ground coffee is a great exfoliant; it’s not too harsh, but it buffs away dry skin and removes impurities from the pores. The agave in the mask acts as a moisturizer. I typically use this mask about once a week. While the instructions say that the mask should be kept on for 15 minutes, I end up having it on for closer to 30 minutes, as I find that my skin is even more soft and shiny afterward. The mask can also be used on other parts of the body, such as the back.

3.  Eau Roma Water

One of my favorite things about this product is that it only has two ingredients: rose water and lavender water. The rose water helps to get rid of redness, while the lavender water leaves the skin feeling soft and looking healthy. Since this product is a toner, I typically spray it onto my face in the morning, after I have washed my face and before I apply moisturizer. Another perk of this toner is that it smells amazing, it’s floral, but not overbearing.  

4. Sleepy lotion

As a person with a sleeping disorder, I often cringe when candles, lotions, or bath bombs are advertised as being sleep aids. To be completely honest, I first bought this lotion as a joke. When I used it though, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the product.  First of all, the lotion itself comes in a lovely light purple color. However, what really sets it apart is the soft lavender scent. While it certainly doesn’t act as a sleep aid, the smell made me feel a lot more relaxed before going to sleep. I find this lotion to be helpful in other situations where I need to de-stress, such as before an exam.

5.  Enchanted Eye Cream

As a result of the aforementioned sleeping disorder, I have already developed some dark under eye circles. When researching eye creams, I learned that the skin under your eyes is especially sensitive, therefore it is important to use products with minimal ingredients. For a period of about 6 months, I tried to not buy this eye cream, as it was a little expensive.  I would go to the Lush shops near my house and try to get free samples of it. However, I noticed I didn’t have to use a lot of the product to get results. Therefore I was able to justify spending the amount of money I did on the eye cream because it does last for a long time. I use this cream every night and while my dark circles are not gone, they are certainly less prominent.

Lilia Memarzadeh

Agnes Scott '22

Lilia Memarzadeh is a first-year student at Agnes Scott and a native of Atlanta. While she is undecided in her major, her academic interests include anthropology, psychology,  and history. On any given Saturday morning, you will probably find Lilia sipping a latte in a local coffee shop engrossed in a book. She also enjoys creating her own cosmetic products using natural ingredients, cuddling on the couch with her beloved cockapoo dog, exploring the different restaurants and shops in the Atlanta/Decatur area, and the occasional (or not so occasional) Netflix binge. A profile of Lilia would be incomplete without including her love of travel. While she already has had the privilege of traveling through the United States and 10 other countries, there are still many places that she would like to visit. Some of the destinations on her travel bucket list include Moscow, Oslo, Yerevan, and Cape Town.