This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

Amira Daugherty, class of 2020 has accomplished so much in her short time at Agnes Scott thus far. As her Scottie Sister, it has been my pleasure to watch this beautiful woman blossom into the true spirit of a Scottie.

HC: How would you describe your first year in four words?

AD: Challenging, exciting, exhausting, and worthwhile.

HC: I like that! Congratulations on becoming the President for the class of 2020! I’m so proud of you. What do you look forward to your sophomore year, besides joining the Black Ring Mafia?

AD: Thank you so much sis and well, of course, that’s a huuuuuge part (ring) but I look forward to coming to classes actually knowing the campus and professors. It will still be kind of fresh but it won’t be totally foreign. I also have had a chance to meet a lot of the new first years, and I can’t wait to be able to get to know them and help them. And of course, I have a BUNCH of goals for my class next semester that I plan to see through in SGA.

HC: You’ve accomplished a lot this year, what word of advice would you give to the new class as they get closer to starting their college career and immediately putting a mark on their name?

AD: I honestly live by the philosophy “work like it’s your last day, but plan like you’ll live forever.” I think that you have to go full throttle for what you want and believe in from the jump because you only get these moments to make a change once in your life.

HC: That’s a good quote. Sometimes in the midst of planning things, life happens. What were some things you didn’t expect that happened? This could be things you learned your first year as a college student.

AD: I think this year, I was expecting to be challenged but not this much. My entire way of thinking has changed, and my writing style has shifted as well. I didn’t know I had it in me! I also found myself growing in my confidence through friendships I built and the acceptance I’ve been able to feel as a Hijabi on campus. I also didn’t expect to become so close to the administration, from the Deans to President Kiss! The traditions of Agnes give us so many opportunities to connect and reach outside of our comfort zones.

HC: I’m so glad you have been able to find a safe space within campus! As the school year is ending, do you have any summer plans?

AD: Yes! I have an internship in Virginia at a company called Capterra Gartner doing SEO Marketing, Analysis, and creative blogging!

HC: That sounds like fun! Congrats, I look forward to hearing more about it! Now time for some fun questions, favorite song?

AD: It’s so hard to pick a favorite song, I love everything from rap to dubstep to Irish step to Indian music!

HC: Biggest Inspiration?

AD: I know it sounds cliche, but my parents are my greatest inspirations.

HC: If you could have any superpowers, what would it be?

AD: I’ve always wanted the ability to float. Like, even just an inch off the ground so I could move more quickly and not get tired.

HC: Do pineapples belong on a pizza?

AD: Pineapples do belong on pizza, IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT CHEESE!

HC: Would you rather speak every language in the world or play every instrument?

AD: And I’d rather speak every language for sure! I love people and it would be great to be able to communicate with anyone in the world!

HC: Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me! I wish you all the best, and can’t wait to see you work your magic on campus!

Syedha Noreenia

Agnes Scott '19

(she/her/hers) is a senior Political Science major and a Business Management minor. Originally born in Brooklyn, New York, Syedha has been raised in Atlanta and proudly calls both cities home along with her parents' motherland of Pakistan. Through her degree, she believes in empowerment/representation and fighting for social justice through analyzing organizational behavior. She enjoys coming up with Instagram captions, infiltrating the system, and spending money that she doesn't have on food.
MeaResea is an alumna of Agnes Scott College where she majored in Economics and minored in Spanish. She recharted the HCASC chapter in the fall semester of 2016. She served as the Editor-in-Chief and President of Her Campus at Agnes Scott. Her favorite quote and words that she lives by are, "She believed she could, so she did." -Unknown http://meareseahomer.agnesscott.org/