This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

1. AVOID PROCRASTINATING

In high school, my teachers and friends knew me asas a HUGE procrastinator.Still, I always got the work in. Last semester this almost killed me. I was almost always tired and stressed out because I stayed up late to complete this assignment, but also forgot about that assignment. I knew then and I know now: This ain’t gonna work.

After some pretty intense fights with myself, I began to get a handle on this procrastination thing. I read ahead—sometimes—and get started on assignments beforehand. So, I’m doing pretty ok in this sector of my life.

2. EAT WHAT YOU CAN WHEN YOU CAN

If you didn’t do so well during your Fall semester of college, then I could almost bet that you’re striving to make a comeback during Spring semester. With any college student, especially freshmen, there comes a certain moment in time when the stress really gets to you. Because of the stress your appetite is dead so you’re basically living off of water and—yeah, that’s pretty much it.

One bad habit of mine is forgetting to eat and if I don’t forget to eat I just have no appetite. So I didn’t typically eat in the mornings. With this realization in mind, I saw the impact this stress was having on my performance in class and I didn’t like it. It took some trial and error periods as well as my friends encouraging and congratulating me on eating more, now I am eating almost every morning. I usually pick up some fruit in the mornings and drink some tea.

Also, I have to limit my coffee intake because I’ve noticed that whenever I drink coffee in the morning, I almost never eat.

3. TREAT YOURSELF

Often times we focus on the things we have to get done and never stop for a break. This was the hardest thing for me to overcome from last semester since I wasn’t used to doing things solely for myself. I’ve never had as much money and freedom to just do something for myself. This semester, I am doing more for myself. I reward myself on the weekends by hanging out with my boyfriend and during the week I watch tv shows and new movies.

This may seem so small to others but . I am aware that I have to move cautiously right as it will take some time for me to become more acclimated to the behaviors I have to practice in order to be successful this semester and in the future.

4. ULTIMATELY, FIND WHAT BEST WORKS FOR YOU

You know how hectic your schedule gets during the week, so save yourself some migraines and figure out what works best for you. For instance, I know that I cannot work on certain days during the week because I have a lot of exhausting classes and work would just take all of my energy on these days. So, I worked out something with my employer where my schedule is pretty much the same every week. This gives me wiggle room in between class and studying for some leisure time.

These are some of the measures I have taken to improve my quality of life while in school and I hope you can resonate with this and improve along with me.

Laci is a Sophomore at Agnes Scott College in pursuit of a degree in Creative Writing and Music. She seeks to build upon her inquisitively, beautiful mind, while inspiring people throughout all aspects of life. In her spare time, she loves to speak with God, eat Snicker's and think about the zombie apocalypse. She is a forever learner.