This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

Listen, we all know how tough the food game can be. Although we certainly wish it, all of our meals can not be takeout/delivery delicacies. The #alwaysbroke life leads many of us to find ourselves late at night schlepping to the microwave to heat up, once again, another awful “chicken” flavored instant ramen. We do it because we have to. There’s no other way, right? We have to live in the perpetual bland sodium filled nightmare…or do we?

Fear not, there is a way to end this suffering. Follow these few tips I like to call #pimpmyramen.

1. Ramen Pad Thai: This is always my go to recipe. Good things come in threes. That’s all you needㅡ three simple ingredientsㅡ for this gourmet twist on instant ramen.

Ingredients:

1. ½ tablespoon of peanut butter

2. ½ tablespoons of hot chili sauce (sriracha)

3. Cooked ramen (flavor of choice)

Directions

1. In a small bowl, mix peanut butter and chili sauce. Adjust proportions of hot sauce based on your preferences

2. Add the sauce gradually to your cooked ramen until fully coated.

3. Garnish with flavoring packet and chopped peanuts.

2. Healthy Noodle: Ramen is among the select foods that are almost  notorious shamed for being super unhealthy. This recipe will be something you can brag to your trainer about. I usually source my ingredient from random items found in the Dining Hall to keep costs low.

Ingredients:

1. Honey

2. Sriracha

3. Low Sodium Soy Sauce

4. Chicken Breast

5. Raw Veggies (Whatever you can find in the Dining Hall)

6. Cooked Ramen (no flavoring)

Directions:

1. In a microwave safe bowl add 2 tablespoons water, add raw veggies and cover with paper towel. Microwave until steamed (about two minutes)

2. Combine honey, hot sauce, and soy sauce. Proportions depend on taste. (Usually about ½ a teaspoon each)

3. Chop chicken into bite sized pieces and add to the sauce.

4. Mix veggies, chicken, and ramen. Heat for an addition 30 secs if necessary.

3. Curry Noodle: An important staple in any dorm room is curry powder. This little blend of spices can add flavor to even the most dull dining hall meal. Add a little spice to the old ramen game with this simple recipe.

Ingredients

1. Splash Coconut Milk

2. Teaspoon Curry Powder

3. Cooked Ramen (prefered chicken flavor)

Directions

1. Mix Coconut milk, curry powder, and chicken flavor in a bowl

2. Toss with Ramen

Margaret is a sophomore who is always ready to learn about the wonders of the world. Having lived in five states across the South, Margaret fearlessly takes on challenges-- from different places to unfamiliar disciplines. With an intended major in Political Science, Margaret is eager to engage in conversations with people from all backgrounds. In her spare time, you can find Margaret sipping on a mocha latte.
Elizabeth Wolfe

Agnes Scott '18

Elizabeth is the Co-founder and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Agnes Scott. As a Junior at Agnes Scott, she is majoring in English-Literature and Political Science with a focus on human rights. Currently, she is an intern for Atlanta's premier alt-weekly magazine Creative Loafing.