This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

From feeling insecure and alone, to starting the Be-You-nique Project and becoming a super involved student already in her freshman year, Nicole Zisa is truly an inspiration. Nicole is currently part of Delta Gamma Sorority, Caliber, SGA, Class Government (Freshman Class Rep), RSA, Hall Council, Student Athlete Advisory Committee and is on the Track & Field team. Her Be-You-nique Project (which you can follow on Instagram here) captures people revealing their insecurity in one picture and then embracing that flaw in the next one. Nicole’s mission is to encourage others to love what makes them different, and it’s we should always thrive for. Meet the amazing gal, Nicole Zisa!

Year: Freshman

Major: Exercise Science

Hometown: Wayne, NJ

What inspired you to start the Be-You-nique Project and what’s one goal you hope to accomplish with it?

During high school, I felt alone and disapproved of. I was disappointed by what I saw in the mirror. I promised myself when I got to college to find myself and be someone I could love. Finding the parts of myself I disliked the most and turning it into a part of me I love made all the difference in the world. In the past few months, I found the aspects I love about myself. The way I feel everyday is the same way I want others to feel. When I look back on my past, I am upset that no one told me to come out of my shell and love myself. I want everyone to find themselves and share the love with everyone they possibly can. I want everyone to celebrate what makes them unique. I hope to have this project inspire others to love themselves. It may be hard for some people to find the most amazing things about themselves. Regardless, there is something beautiful inside of everyone, and I hope one day everyone finds what makes them amazing.

What’s your favorite part about being on the Track & Field team at Adelphi?

My favorite part about being on the Track & Field team is going through the whole thing with my teammates by my side. No matter how hard the workout is or how exhausted I am, I always have my team to support me.

Are there any other activities off campus that you’re a part of and what do you like to do during your free time?

When I am home, I am a part time gymnastics coach. I also shadow one of my track coaches in a gym. He works out helping athletes with strength and stretching. While on campus, I enjoy free time with friends and join clubs and go on community service trips. I also take as many naps as I can get!

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

If I could live anywhere in the world it would be Miami.

What’s one of your pet peeves?

One of my pet peeves are when people are judgmental about others. I believe that everyone should have an open mind and try and see the best in others.

What’s your dream job?

My dream job is being a physical therapist and owning my own practice.

What’s your favorite food, movie, and song?

My favorite food is any fruit, besides bananas. My favorite movie is any movie in the Harry Potter series. My favorite song is anything by Imagine Dragons.

Who’s your inspiration?

My inspiration is all the people who have been lost in their crazy work and found themselves. I’m so amazed by all the beautiful people who wake up and decide that everyday is what you make it. Those are the people who made me decide to change myself for the better.

What’s been the best piece of advice that you’ve ever been given?

The best piece of advice I’ve been given is to go into college and be myself. No one should ever try to fit into a mold for others to accept you.

Can you tell us a fun fact about yourself?

A fun fact about myself is I did gymnastics for 14 years and coached for 3 years.

Carolyn Garcia is a Junior at Adelphi University. She was part of the Her Campus High School Journalism and Publicity Ambassador program during her junior year of high school and that opportunity was what allowed her to discover her passion of writing for media. Since then, she's become a Social Media rep for Seventeen, a Style Guru for CollegeFashionista.com, a Campus rep for Rent the Runway, a contributor for TheDaily411.com, and a Campus Ambassador for CAMBIO #BUILTBYGIRLS She's now the publicity/social media coordinator for Her Campus Adelphi, which she couldn't be more excited about. If you're interested in becoming best friends with her, you should tell her you love Taylor Swift and Chocolate Mint Tea.