This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

*New Member Alert!* Read all about this wonderful #LateBloomer below:

Name: Emily Gallagher

Year: Senior

Major/minor: Computer Programming, Game Programming concentration.

My current career goals are: Become a professional game developer. I’m not sure yet whether I’d rather have the freedom of an indie developer or aim for stability at a large triple-A studio. Only time will tell.

When I’m not writing articles I’m usually: Playing video games, watching videos, or thinking of ideas for my next project.

Three things on my bucket list are:

1. Learn the piano or violin.

2. Perform in my own personal photo shoot.

3. Adopt a child and a dog and raise both with all the love in the world!

A life-defining experience for me was: Exploring my gender and sexuality.

My hobbies and passions include: I enjoy not just playing video games, but also analyzing their mechanics and learning how they function.

I’m most proud of myself for: Not giving up on myself.

My dream vacation spot is: I’d like to visit Britain and do some sightseeing.

My favorite movie is: A Silent Voice; bring lots of tissues if you decide to watch it.

My favorite song is: Beneath the Mask sung by Lyn Inaizumi.

My favorite book is: SuperFreakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner. Definitely changes the way you look at issues in the world.

A fun fact about me is: I used to be really into art when I was in high school and took a few higher-level classes before initially pursuing a degree in animation. Since then, my abilities and focus have shifted towards the more mathematical and logical sides of entertainment.

Emily Gallagher is a Senior at Adelphi University, majoring in Computer Science with a concentration in Game Programming. She spends her time doing a range of things, such as playing video games, researching new techniques in coding, and analyzing the various expectations of society and how they affect others.
Valencia Saint-Louis is a Senior at Adelphi University, majoring in Communications with a concentration in Media Studies. She is passionate about living well, supporting and motivating others, being an active leader, and educating others through entertainment. Building effective teams, promoting helpful resources and services, and creating meaningful content are essential pillars of Valencia's professional vision.