This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

*New Member Alert!* Read all about this creative #ProfessionalMultitasker below:

Name: Isabella Franco

Year: Sophomore

Major/minor: English (with a concentration in Creative Writing)

My current career goals are: I’ve been really interested in pursuing a career in publishing, possibly as an editor. Ideally, I could continue to write on the side, and hopefully get some of my own work published someday!

When I’m not writing articles I’m usually: playing on my keyboard, watching rom-coms (preferably the ones with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan), or spending time with my friends.

Three things on my bucket list are: to participate in The Color Run, go on a vacation with my best friends, and to become completely fluent in Spanish.

A life-defining experience for me was: When I began my freshman year of high school, I joined my school’s percussion ensemble – an experience which opened my eyes to an extensive variety of instruments I had never played before. I quickly fell in love with marimbas, vibraphones, timpani, and more, and knew that my passion would continue in college (which it has) and beyond (which it will!). 

My hobbies and passions include: In high school, I was one of the few students to take both art and music electives, as I couldn’t get myself to pick one over the other. I’ve been a percussionist for about ten years, and I’ve been drawing for as long as I could hold a pencil.

I’m most proud of myself for: being able to pick myself up when I’m feeling down. It’s not that it’s an easy thing to do, but I know that I can get through my struggles if I focus on the positive outcomes. Having struggle just makes success feel that much sweeter. :)

My dream vacation spot is: Santorini, Greece

My favorite movie is: You’ve Got Mail (one of the aforementioned rom-coms with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan) or Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (which has a special place in my heart).

My favorite song is: currently, either Canyon Moon by Harry Styles or The Sound by The 1975.

My favorite book is: difficult to pick, but one of my longtime favorites has been City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (who I got to meet at BookCon 2019!!!)

A fun fact about me is: that I’m double-jointed in my left thumb (which doesn’t really mean anything except that I can pop it out and freak people out, haha)!

Hey there! My name's Isabella and I'm a senior at Adelphi University. I'm an English major with a concentration in Creative Writing, and while I love most fiction, I’m a sucker for love stories. When I’m not reading (or writing) said love stories, you can find me drawing, binging New Girl and Gilmore Girls, or getting coffee with my friends!
Valencia Saint-Louis is a Senior at Adelphi University, majoring in Communications with a concentration in Media Studies. She is passionate about living well, supporting and motivating others, being an active leader, and educating others through entertainment. Building effective teams, promoting helpful resources and services, and creating meaningful content are essential pillars of Valencia's professional vision.