This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

New member alert! Meet our newest HC writer, Amanda!

Name: Amanda Florenco

Year: Senior

Major/minor: I’m a Psychology Major with a Family & Child Studies Minor.  

Career goals: After graduation, I want to pursue my Master’s degree in School Psychology. I hope to work with elementary school or middle school kids. 

Netflix Binge: Definitely any true crime documentaries- those are my favorite!

Favorite pick me up movie: Disney movies always! I know all the words to pretty much any Disney song. Some of my favorite movies are Moana, Tangled, and Coco. 

Favorite Song atm: My favorite song right now is Lights Up by Harry Styles. I’ve been a One Direction fan since day one!

Favorite book: My favorite book will always be The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. It’s the only book I’ve read at least 5 times (and seen the movie at least 10!)

Hobbies/Passions: I am very passionate about mental health awareness. I believe everyone should make their mental health a priority. Mental health matters, and it is just as important as physical health! This is a topic I feel most passionate about and will always advocate for.

Defining life experience: Performing with my kickline team in highschool when we marched down Main Street in Disney for a parade. 

What are you most proud of yourself for: I am most proud of myself for how well I have done during college. I have received a 4.0 more than once, and am so proud every day. I struggled a lot as a freshman, and have had some difficult times over the past four years, but have always been able to do well in school. That is something I’ll always be proud of myself for. 

Dream Vacation spot: The Bahamas. There is an island in the Bahamas called Big Major Cay, also called Pig Beach- where you can swim with the pigs (it’s real- look it up!). That is the #1 thing on my bucket list. 

Favorite Adelphi spot: I absolutely love the Nexus rooftop. That’s my favorite place to go with a coffee and my laptop and work on some homework. My favorite time to go is during the fall- it’s so nice outside and the view is beautiful. 

Interesting fact/Adelphi story: An interesting fact about me is that I just got a hamster and her name is Panini – yes, after the song.

Valencia Saint-Louis is a Senior at Adelphi University, majoring in Communications with a concentration in Media Studies. She is passionate about living well, supporting and motivating others, being an active leader, and educating others through entertainment. Building effective teams, promoting helpful resources and services, and creating meaningful content are essential pillars of Valencia's professional vision.