This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

We all have those nights where we need a girls’ night out but don’t really want to leave the house, so we stay in. We love the wine and healthy snacks as much as anyone else but sometimes, we need more, like something sweet, and unhealthy to fill us up.  

Get ready to become the Next Top Chef with these following Recipes!

1. DIY Pina Colada

Ingredients:

• Blender

• 2 oz. (60 ml) white rum (as long as you’re over 21 and it’s completely optional if you are)

• 1 oz. (30 ml) coconut cream

• 3 oz. (90 ml) pineapple juice

• 1 cup crushed ice

• 1 pineapple slice

There’s even a way to make different flavors. See the link below:

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Pina-Colada

2. Smores

Ingredients

• Marshmallows (puts as much as you want for one s’more)

• Graham Crackers (make sure you’re able to break them in half)

• Toppings (Sprinkles, Chocolate Syrup, Peanut Butter, etc.)

Directions

1. Heat the marshmallow over an open flame until it becomes a gooey brown consistency and starts to melt.

2. Break the graham cracker in half. Place the chocolate between the cracker and hot marshmallow.

3. Add any toppings you may like such as sprinkles, chocolate syrup etc. You can be as creative as you like.

4. DO NOT EAT THE S’MORE RIGHT AWAY OR YOU’LL BURN YOUR TONGUE

3. Brownies

This is a MUST HAVE… at least for me. Guaranteed, if I have a Girls Night there will be Brownies. There will also be a good chance I would consume all of them in one sitting.

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup butter

• 1 cup white sugar

• 2 eggs

• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

• 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

• 1/4 teaspoon salt

• 1/4 teaspoon baking powder

• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour

Frosting

• 3 tablespoons butter, softened

• 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

• 1 tablespoon honey

• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

• 1 cup confectioners’ sugar

The link below will give instructions on how to make the brownie and frosting. Feel free to add anything extra.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/10549/best-brownies/

4. Fried Oreos

Ingredients

• 2 teaspoons vegetable oil

• 1 cup pancake mix

• 1 (18 ounce) package cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreo®)

• 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying

• 1 large egg

• 1 cup milk

Directions

1. Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F.

2. Whisk the egg, milk, and 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a bowl.

3. Stir in the pancake mix until there are no lumps.

4. Dip the cookies into the batter one at a time, and carefully place into the hot frying oil.

5. Do not overcrowd the fryer.

6. Cook until the cookies are golden-brown, usually around 2 minutes.

7. Drain before serving.

8. Add confectioner, chocolate syrup, sprinkles and any toppings you’d like.

5. DIY Chips and Dip (Guacamole)

Ingredients:

• 2 ripe avocados

• 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt

• 1 Tbsp of fresh lime juice or lemon juice

• 2 Tbsp to 1/4 cup of minced red onion or thinly sliced green onion

• 1-2 serrano chiles, stems and seeds removed, minced

• 2 tablespoons cilantro (leaves and tender stems), finely chopped

• A dash of freshly grated black pepper

• 1/2 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped

Who knows, maybe you’ll like this guacamole better than the ones at Moe’s or Chipotle, so you don’t have to pay the extra $1.09-$2.30.

Read more: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/perfect_guacamole/#ixzz4u7lgJTOQ

These are just some basic things that could be made for a perfect GNI. Other things that can be made are cookies, ice cream, cupcakes, cake, etc. The options are limitless, so have fun and be creative!

Hello! My name is Shanisha! I am a Junior Nursing Major and part of the Levermore Global Scholars Program at Adelphi University. On campus, you will most likely find me in the Underground Cafe with my friends or at the Alice Brown Early Learning Center. These are my two favorite spots! I hope you are able to relate to the articles I write! Enjoy your day!! :) 
Hi, I'm Alexis! I'm a senior Communications major with a journalism concentration, and I'm an editor and campus co-coordinator for our Adelphi chapter of Her Campus! After graduating, I hope to write for news organizations that cover important social and humanitarian issues in our political sphere and in the global community. Other than writing, I enjoy reading, napping, and sightseeing. One fun fact about me is that I'm left-handed, which means I'm more likely to become President! I mainly write political content relating to the most current issues facing our country and the world.