This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Name: Julia Rietbroek

Year: Junior

Major/minor: I’m a business management major with a minor in anthropology

Career goals: I would love to be a marketing manager in either the fashion or tourism industry

Netflix Binge: Hawaii Five-0

Favorite pick me up movie: Definitely Mamma Mia or Mamma Mia 2, I love singing along!

Favorite Song atm: My all-time favorite song is Island in the Sun by Weezer

Favorite book: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

Hobbies/Passions: I’m currently learning how to play the ukulele, but I also love watching old movies and reality tv, shopping, reading, and eating.

Defining life experience: Taking the initiative to say yes to new opportunities. It’s definitely expanded my horizons and has led to some amazing experiences.

What are you most proud of yourself for: Staying positive during stressful situations

Dream Vacation spot: Rome, Italy. I want to channel my inner Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday.

Favorite Adelphi spot: The Honors College Library

Interesting fact/Adelphi story: My grandmother graduated from Adelphi in 1962.

Valencia Saint-Louis is a Senior at Adelphi University, majoring in Communications with a concentration in Media Studies. She is passionate about living well, supporting and motivating others, being an active leader, and educating others through entertainment. Building effective teams, promoting helpful resources and services, and creating meaningful content are essential pillars of Valencia's professional vision.