8 Reasons Why Your College Bestie Rules, as told by Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

College is a time of growth, learning, and ultimately, of making friends.  The friends we make in college are often our besties for life; they’re our roommates, our confidants, our future bridesmaids, the list goes on.

Where would my Marnie Michaels be without her Hannah Harper?

1. They accept you as you are.

No judgment here. Cookie dough? Ice cream? Pizza? Yes, yes, and yes.

2. They’ve seen you at your worst.

Because someone’s got to hold her hair back.

3. They know everything about your dating history. And I mean everything.

Sometimes, we know a little too much. Sorry bae #roommateproblems

4. You can talk for hours. Often at 2am when you should be sleeping.

Pillow talk every night. Knowing you’ll always have someone there to  recount the day’s with, that’s love.

5. You’re annoyed by the same people.

A chunk of that pillow talk will be shade. You know it’s true. And you also know that you’re so lucky to have someone who is just as irritated by that one person. There’s always one.

6. They know way TMI about your health.

Living together, you can’t help but tell each other everything. You had a UTI last week? Yeah, your bestie knows and she was the one who clipped you an AZO coupon. She also reminds you to get enough protein #vegetarianprobs

7. You know how to have fun together.

They’re your go-to gal for nights out. But you both know when you need a no-makeup night in (maybe a coloring sesh)

8. You’re not afraid to talk about your feelings.

You two are lucky to have each other in your lives. You’re like platonic soulmates! You both know this and tell each other… often.

Your college bestie so much more than just some friend you made at school. You know, no matter what, she will always be there for you.

Happy binge watching!

I'm a sophomore at Adelphi University! Actor and Collegiette