7 Interesting Courses Adelphi Should Offer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

When it comes time to pick out your schedule we all dread having to take those gen ed classes only because we have to an a lot of times all the fun and easy classes are taken. If Adelphi offered some of these possible electives, choosing might not be so bad.

1. Dances around the world- Although Adelphi does offer a ballroom class, there are a variety of other fun dance styles that never make it on to the curriculum! From the Bollywood style to the Paso Doble, this class could also be a fun history lesson as well as a great active class!

2. Practical Mathematics- Everyone dreads taking a math class, so why pick one you’ll never use? Many colleges offer classes in practical mathematics where students learn everyday uses for math like balancing a checkbook or calculating tips without your phone.

3. Astrology- Whether or not we believe it, everyone has checked their horoscope a few times before. Wouldn’t it be fascinating to see where all those magazine matchups of zodiac signs come from? It could cover a science class and maybe change your mind about the universe.

4. Active Games- Some schools offer classes where instead of learning the basics so sports like soccer or baseball, students learn to master the skills of playing darts and ping pong. An active class without being overly athletic and something fun you can impress people with!

5. Jewelry Making- Although it might sound like a craft class, some colleges do have jewelry making as an elective class where students can learn to make their own accessories and other creative projects! Not only would it be interesting to learn but you’d get some free bling!

6. Interior Decorating- A great creative outlet and a way to spice up your dorm room! This class could appeal to all kinds of students and you could have your own extreme bedroom makeover.

7. Glass Blowing- Probably not as common at most universities but learning how to blow glass and work with metals would be a unique skill! It would also be great for making dorm room decorations!

Freshman acting major at Adelphi University :)
Adelphi Campus Correspondent. Natalie is a sophomore at Adelphi University where she studies Acting and English passionately. In between her studies, she enjoys jam-packing her schedule through writing for contentBase.co, holding a chair position on the Student Activities Board and shining on the stage in school productions. She loves cats, coffee, fashion and music almost as much as she does writing. Her goal as a journalist is to inspire as many ambitious, young people, like herself, to make the most of their lives as possible.