Woot Woot! Here Comes HC Aberdeen!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Why is HC Aberdeen this week’s campus celeb? Well, apart from being the only female led publication on campus, Her Campus is an amazing addition to Aberdeen for a million different reasons, but here are the five that we want you to know about!

(1) All of the articles we post are written by a myriad of women with many different passions and interests. Our committee holds a couple of meetings every month where all of our writers come together and plan and discuss what we’re going to publish for the next two weeks. These meetings are a great way to get to know the girls on the team, and inspire each other. The diversity of the girls who come along to these meetings always makes for plenty of interesting ideas being thrown around! By having regular meetings we manage to stay in touch with all of our girls and learn what they’re interested in or what they’re passionate about whether it be current events, health and beauty or travel.

(2) Our socials are amazing! We have a great team of girls who organize our regular socials and make sure that all of us are included. Because we’re sponsored by Siberia (the vodka bar on Belmont Street) we always have a fun space to meet and hang out with each other. Our Social Secs (Jess and Tamarra) spend loads of time planning every gathering and coming up with games for us to play and themes that make the night extra special! We try to organize nights in as well as night’s out so that everyone manages to participate in something!

(3) We’re all friends as well! Loads of our members hang out with each other outside of Her Campus official business. We go to each other’s parties and support each other’s passions! Many of the girls are members of other societies, and we all make an effort to give them a shout out or to go along and support them if we can! All HC members know that if they want to hear their name being shouted the loudest on the sidelines, or need a little extra help raising money for a charity that they’re involved in then they only need to let their fellow Her Campus gals know and we’ll be there!

(4) It’s not just a society for English majors! All of our girls study different degrees; from Chemistry to Law and Zoology to Art History everybody has a place at the HC table! We’ve found that no matter what degree program our girls are involved in they are an amazing contribution to the society! Having lots of different interests and career ambitions represented makes for a really diverse and fun group of people!

(5) YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE A WRITER TO BE A MEMBER! The amount of people who have said that they wished they could join Her Campus, but haven’t because they’re “no good at writing” is huge! We want everybody to know that Her Campus girls aren’t all writers! We’re always looking for girls to join our events team or our PR team or Social Media team, not just writers! That said though, we have found that the majority of the girls in the non-writer teams do end up writing something for us. They write articles about someone they know who is raising money for a charity, or making a great contribution to student life, or even just something they think is interesting and want other people to know about! Even if you don’t think you’re a writer you probably are, but that doesn’t mean we’re going to make you publish anything if you don’t want to. Just come along to one of our meetings and see where you fit in! We’d love to have you!

So there you have it! The five best reasons to join Her Campus Aberdeen! If you’re looking for more information then either contact on of our presidents to find out about a meeting or, if you just want to stalk us on social media, then like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter/Instagram!

HCXO <3

Hi, I'm Rachel! I am currently pursuing a degree in English and Politics at UofA, graduating in 2016. I love all things pink, sparkly and pug related. Proud to be President and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Aberdeen.