What NOT To Do During the Exam Season!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

What Not to Do During the Exam Season!

1.    Become nocturnal. You will most likely fall asleep in your exam, and then wake up when the invigilator taps you on the shoulder after the exam has finished.

Source: gettyimages.com

2.    Procrastinate, or worse still, procrastinate by watching a TV series. Any series with more than six seasons = failing your exams. Spending hours watching Orange Is The New Black or the next episode of The Walking Dead rather than hours of studying is definitely not the way to spend the revision week.

Source: healthmedicalarticles.com

3.    Taking up a new healthy hobby. You can try and convince yourself that you’re being healthy so you don’t need to study, and it seems like a good idea at the time, but trust me, you’re better off studying.

Source: cliparts.co.uk

4.    Study in bed. You will 100% either end up falling asleep or binge watching a new TV series.

Source: dailymail.co.uk

5.    Study with friends. You will end up getting distracted, or studying with people who are much better than you which will make you feel bad about yourself.

Source: clipartkids.com

6.    Snack while you study. Chocolate hobnobs are my favourite, and I can 100% say they are not doing much for my studying or my clothes. Unless it’s healthy, in which case, go eat those carrot sticks!

Source: hercampus.com

7.    Go on holiday/go home because it’s the revision week. Yes, you may have a fabulous time, play with your dog and take more sun-sea-sand pics to put on Instagram, but you will most likely not study at all and find yourself cramming the night before your exam. 

Source: netdoctor.com

8.    Revive your social life. Now is not a good time to party like a fresher and down as many shots as you can, get back in that study mode.

Source: fest300.com

9.    Go to the library and annoy everyone by opening packets of crisps, sneezing, coughing, talking on your phone, being too loud in general. The list goes on.

Source: courtauld.ac.uk

10.    Ordering takeaway after takeaway because you’re too lazy to cook, or make the excuse that you’re studying so you don’t have time to cook. It has no influence on how well you study, but most certainly will bankrupt you.

Source: NUS.co.uk    

Try to stick to these during your revision, and you’ll be surprised by how much your productivity improves!  Stay focused. HCXO

I am a second year student studying Geology and Petroleum Geology at the University of Aberdeen! Soon to be embarking on a semester abroad at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver!