What I Eat In A Day – Model Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

What I Eat In A Day – Model Edition

Who wouldn’t like to look like a model?

Even today, in times of strongly promoted body positivity and self-acceptance (which we fully love and support), there’s that one time of the year when all of us sit down to watch the Victoria’s Secret fashion show while snacking on crisps and feeling like a potato. Later comes motivation and asking yourself: “What can I do to be like them?” Luckily enough, more and more models today are becoming YouTube vloggers and showing us not only their fancy lifestyle, travels, designer clothes, expensive make-up products, and behind-the-scenes from photoshoots and fashion shows (why can’t MY life be like this?), but also their workout routines and what they eat during the day. Those are usually simple, healthy, and inspiring recipes, so I picked a couple of quick and easy ones that I guarantee will make you feel good about yourself – because after all, you’ll be eating like a model, right? Bon appétit!

BREAKFAST with Romee Strjid

The gorgeous Dutch Victoria’s Secret Angel sadly doesn’t have a proper “What I eat in a day” video yet, but there is one recipe she generously shared with us, and it’s awesome. Her breakfast bowl is easy to make, full of nutrition and it’s a great way to start the day off right.

Ingredients

The base:

1 scoop of chocolate whey protein

40g oats

1 cup of hot water

The toppings:

Goji berries

Mix of mulberries, cashews and raisins

Almonds

Peanut butter

Fresh fruits

Method

Mix all of the ingredients for the base in a bowl and leave it overnight in the fridge. Add all the toppings (Romee’s trick: put the berries and the nuts in the freezer for the crispy effect), a scoop of peanut butter in the corner, and any fruit you like. Voilà!

Source: Romee Strjid’s Snapchat

Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVFft0XQMYI

LUNCH with Karlie Kloss

Karlie, although she’s from Chicago, currently lives in New York, and every true New Yorker has her favourite spots for lunch. One of them is Two Hands. Especially for us, she got the chef to reveal the recipe for a nourishing and delicious brassicas bowl. It will 100% make you feel like you’re in NYC enjoying your lunch break in a fancy café with relaxing music playing in the background.

Ingredients

Kale

Brussels sprouts

Broccolini

Hummus

Apple cider vinaigrette (3:2:1 ratio of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and Dijon mustard)

Toasted sunflower seeds

Pickled shallots

A quarter of a peeled avocado

7-minute soft boiled eggs

Sesame seeds

Chia seeds

Salt

Method

Dry the hummus down on top of the bowl, press it down, and push out so that it forms a swoosh (it’s explained more visually in the video, if you’re too lazy to watch it, just spread the hummus on a half of your bowl). Dress the kale and the Brussels sprouts with the apple cider vinaigrette, add a little bit of salt and mix it through. Add broccolini, toasted sunflower seeds, and pickled shallots and put it all in your bowl next to the hummus. Put avocado and the eggs on top and dress everything with the seeds, salt, and chilli powder. Enjoy!

Source: “How to make the best healthy lunch in NYC | Karlie Kloss” video

Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W39Sl6DZ2-M

SNACK with Miranda Kerr

In her video for Harper’s Bazaar, the Aussie supermodel shared a recipe for an extra healthy smoothie with all of her favourite ingredients. An easy, simple snack you can make any time of the day that will boost your energy and give you all the nutrition you need.

Ingredients

Cup of almond milk

Fresh papaya

Spinach

Blueberries

Raspberries

Almond butter

Method

Simply blend everything. Cheers! (Miranda’s trick: add your favourite food supplement since it will blend perfectly with the smoothie)

Source: “Everything Miranda Kerr Eats In A Day | Food Diaries | Harper’s BAZAAR” video

Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3chVxM0pljE

DINNER with Valeria Lipovetsky

Now I must say, this is my favourite recipe of them all because it’s super easy, super quick, and really delicious. Apart from being a model, Valeria is also a registered holistic nutritionist so you can be sure every food she recommends is full of nutritional value. Plus, the preparation time for these burritos is basically the cooking time for your rice. Healthy, tasty dinner within 15 minutes? Sign me up!

Ingredients:

Rice (Valeria recommends brown but you can use whichever you like)

Salsa

Avocado

1 tablespoon of lime/lemon juice

Tortillas

Shredded cheese

Black beans

Method

Mix the cooked rice with salsa in a bowl. Chop the avocado and sprinkle it with the lime/lemon juice. Place the tortillas on a plate, add cheese, rinsed black beans, rice with salsa, and the avocado. Fold it up and heat on a skillet or in a panini press (or in a microwave if you wish). The dinner is ready!

Source: “What I Eat In a Day | Model, Mommy, Holistic Nutritionist” video

Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js3IMVpsSMw&t=

Naturally, don’t forget to drink hot water with lemon every morning right after you wake up –  and just water in general because you have to stay hydrated!

Tumblr lover, cat lover, books lover, coffee lover, just life lover in general
.