This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

With the changing shifts of the world, my reading habits defiantly changed with them. One thing that facilitated this change was the discovery of my libraries online eBook and comic collection, allowing me free access to many great reads. In between fiction novels in 2020, I found making space for graphic novels a welcome and exciting change. Not only do you get to experience the story, but also beautiful art alongside it. Not to mention that they take significantly less hours and brainpower to read. Here are some of my favourites I’ve found so far.

Strong Female Protagonist by Brennan Lee Mulligan

Genre: Science Fiction

A retired superhero with superstrength, who is at college, trying to find a way to save the world that isn’t through violence. Very relatable, despite the extraordinary circumstances.

The Infinity Loop by Pierrick Colinet

Genre: Science Fiction, Romance, LGBTQ+

Time travelling lesbian action story with heavy social justice themes and beautiful artwork. Teddy is a character charged with fixing anomalies in different timelines, but when she comes across an anomaly in the form of a woman, she makes the decision not to erase her, changing the course of her life.

Maus by Art Spiegelman

Genre: Nonfiction, History

Art Spiegelman recounts interviewing his father, Vladek, about the story of his life during WW2 and the Holocaust in heart-breaking human detail.

Oh My Goddess by Kosuke Fujishima

Genre: Fantasy

A slice-of-life story following Keiichi, a college student, and Belldandy, the goddess he accidently wishes to stay with him. Explores the humorous situations they get into, trying to navigate where Belldandy fits into college life.

Saga by Brian K. Vaughan

Genre: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Romance, Space Opera

Star-crossed lovers on the opposite sides of a galactic war, who run away together having a baby, while bounty hunters chase them down.

Through the Woods by Emily Carroll

Genre: Horror

A charming collection of short gothic horror stories. They are weird and wonderful, able to grab your beating heart.

Fourth year Psychology student who reads way more than writes. Current Aberdeen PR sec.