This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Uni can be difficult at the best of times, but when you have no idea how to cook your own tea, it can become a lot more complicated. That’s why I’ve compiled a list of my top 3 favourite cookbooks aimed at students! These books are easy to follow, cheap, and teach you how to cook things from the basics, to meals you’ll impress your flatmates with when you’re all stuck inside!

Hungry Healthy Student cookbook – An instalment of the Hungry Cookbooks – £9.99

This book is my absolute heaven-sent when it comes to cooking! There are over 200 recipes inside with ideas for anything from breakfasts to desserts to snacks. There are lots of home comforts that will definitely make you feel good after a bad day, but there’s also tons of adventurous meals you can try if you’re in the mood for a challenge. My favourite thing about this book is that it also features an affordability rating on every individual recipe. This is great, especially when it gets to the end of the month and you’ve spent all your money on nights out and takeaways!

Buy it here!

The Hungry Student Vegan Cookbook – An instalment of the Hungry Cookbooks – £8.99

This cookbook is from the same series as the previous one, except its full of vegan goodies! For all our vegan student friends, this is the perfect cookbook for you to spice up your diet for a reasonable price. Again, this book is filled with main meals, desserts, and snacks. There’s also a list of store-cupboard must haves, which will likely save you when you either forget to shop or can’t be bothered cooking anything fancy.

Buy it here!

Nosh for Students – Joy May – £8.99

‘Nosh for Students’ is a cookbook perfect for everyone; from those who can’t make beans on toast to students with a secret cooking skill. There are recipes for everything, from cheap eats, to one-pot wonders, to fakeaways. The thing I love most about this cookbook is that it not only tells you how much each recipe will cost per person, it also lets you know how long it will take to prep and cook, how easy or difficult it will be to make, and there’s a picture with every recipe so you’ll know if it’s gone horribly wrong or not! The brilliant bonus is that this book also comes in a vegetarian version, for our veggie loving friends!

Buy it here!

Masters student at the University of Aberdeen!