yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Things to Look Forward to in November!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

So since November is often that unhappy-middle between Halloween and Christmas, HC decided to round up the 5 of the most exciting things about the upcoming month!

1.     Bonfire Night

As it’s getting darker and colder outside, how better to get start November than with lots of fireworks? Head down to Aberdeen beach on the 5th for a great start to the month.

2.     Winter drinks

As well as plenty of hot drinks to warm you up throughout November, the seasonal flavours will soon start emerging, giving you more interesting ways to keep warm.

3.     Christmas lights switch on

To brighten up dark afternoons and evenings, the Aberdeen Christmas lights are something to look forward to. As of the 29th of November, the centre of the city will be lit up and ready for December.

4.     Book Week Scotland

Book Week Scotland is a chance to catch up on some well deserved reading, as well as getting involved in many of the activities that will be hosted from the 23rd to the 29th.

5.     Only a month until Christmas

Having survived November, there’s a biggie to look forward to. And if you just can’t wait, there’s plenty of advent calendars, sweets and tinsel on the shelves already! This year, Union Terrace Gardens host Aberdeen’s first Christmas Village which opens on the 25th November with a German market, ice rink and funfair rides to get your Christmas spirit topped right up to the brim come December.

So enjoy November folks – there’s still lots going on in this inbetweenie month!

Fourth year studying English and Sociology.
Laura Rennie is currently a fifth year Diploma in Legal Practice student at the University of Aberdeen. After four years studying in the Granite City she couldn't quite drag herself away from it so decided to stick around for one more year. Previously a features writer and secretary of Her Campus Aberdeen when it was founded, she is now very excited to be captaining the little pink ship this year. She loves cups of tea, fairy lights, musicals, trashy TV and is a blogger and member of Her Campus Blogger Network in her spare time.