This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Looking for something to get you in the spooky spirit – look no further!  

1. Crimson Peak  

Tom Hiddleston’s peak era (sorry Marvel fans) this film is as beautiful as it is really, really weird.  

1. BBC’s Dracula  

Only released in 2020, this 3 part series accounts for the life of Count Dracula as he attempts to travel to England to feast on Englishmen’s apparent intelligence.  

1. Monster House  

A Halloween classic. This animation has so many jokes that flew over my head as a kid that it is honestly amazing to rewatch as an adult. And it has quite a nice moral story at the end.  

1. Hotel Transylvania  

An underrated icon. Watch to see an overbearing father (who just happens to be Count Dracula) navigate the world around his teenage daughter.  

1. Fear Street Trilogy  

Released in 2021, this trilogy has everything; guts, gore and corrupt police officers. All in all, pretty close to normal, everyday life, and well worth the watch (if you haven’t already).  

1. Halloween 

Another Classic. One of the best, and the many sequels and that god-awful reboot will never compare to the first iteration of Michael Myers on the big screen.  

1. Labyrinth  

While not strictly a halloween film, Labyrinth has all the classic fantastical elements that make it perfect for a cosy October night-in watch. 

1. The Addams Family  

Need I say more? Watch The Addams Family Values immediately afterwards for clear skin.  

1. Hush  

One of my favourite horror films available on Netflix. Essentially, death woman in secluded house, gets stalked by scary many, neighbours meet sticky end, woman is a bad-ass legend, the end.  

1. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street  

And lastly, Helena Bonham Carter’s greatest work. Get it watched if you haven’t already, you’ll have the music stuck in your head for weeks.  

Iona Hancock

Aberdeen '22

PGDE Primary 21/22 @ Aberdeen 1st Class Honours in Politics and IR @ Aberdeen