This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

We all know what the winter does to us. After eating all that chocolate and big meals at Christmas time to the high calorie intake, coupled with excessive drinking has resulted in our confidence and self-esteem dropping dangerously low. Girls, we need to get back on track! My advice for this month is to get your spring cleaning on! Here are my personal picks for a shiny new façade before the daffodils start blooming. It’s all about cleaning out the cobwebs and starting to really feel good about ourselves and get ready for the (hopefully) warmer months ahead. 

1) Label.M Soufflé is a must have Spring product. It brings instant volume and glossy waves to lank Winter tresses. This product is perfect for that spring, beach and natural hair look. It shields against UV rays and heat styling, all while boosting the shine of our lovely locks. It’s also great for when you need to wash your hair but are in a rush to be somewhere; all you need to do is apply some soufflé with your fingertips to damp or dry hair and blow dry. You can add more to dry hair for extra definition especially for those ladies suffering with fine hair. I love and swear by this product; it has made hair styling hassle free for me!

2) Olay’s ‘Double Active’, sensitive day cream is the best moisturiser I have ever used. I know that Olay is a brand often associated with older women, but girls – this moisturiser is perfect. It provides you with the essential daily moisture that your skin is craving after the biting chill of Winter. I have been using this product for 2 months now and my skin feels so soft. It’s not a greasy moisturiser which is great for a day cream as it is not too heavy, especially perfect for the summer weather that may, one day, appear. It is 100% fragrance and colour free, making it perfect for girls with sensitive skin.

3) This cheeky little number is the Motel ‘Debbie’ off-the-shoulder dress in a to die for blue, paisley print. This fresh Spring dress has a flattering neck line, gorgeous sleeves and a body con fit.  It’s time to fold your over worn jumpers away and swap them for this on trend little number! Motel suggests teaming this 90’s inspired dress with velvet creepers and plenty of chunky silver jewellery. Short, flirty and just a little bit foxy- I’m sure the boys will love it!

4) It’s time to crawl out from under our duvets and end our hibernation! We need to get out and about, and experience Aberdeen’s hidden beauty. Take a nice sunny day stroll through Johnston’s gardens. It has beautiful streams, waterfalls, ponds and an old rustic bridge which help to make this one of the most charming places in Aberdeen (not to mention, it was pretty much MADE for Instagram). It is quite hidden, even to the local’s eye, but it is definitely my go-to Spring location when I need to escape the opressive granite. Walk the dog, or borrow someone else’s, and enjoy the scenery! 

All images courtesy of Google Images. 

1.  

Currently a 2nd year student studying English Literature at the University of Aberdeen.