Spotted! English Lit. Fashionista.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Eira, a third year English literature student, was spotted outside New Kings rocking this killer outfit. This outfit caught my eye due its neutral colour selections and the hefty denim jacket –- giving off a strong 70s vibe. Eira is originally from Norway, a country where it is hard to find a badly dressed person! Style and dressing well certainly come naturally to this chic chick!

Taking over the affordable fashion industry in Norway are the famous Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, who have collaborated with high-street shop Bik-Bok (the Norwegian equivalent to H&M). We think this is a joint venture that certainly needs to make its way to the streets of Aberdeen!

The Olsen Twins, alongside Kate Moss, are fashion inspirations to Eira. I also share her admiration for the Olsen twins’ fashion, which is probably why I love this outfit so much. Some may say the celeb twins look grungy, but I like to think they bring a certain comfort and relaxation to their haute fashion pieces. The twins have the ability to mix both high-end and high-street pieces in their outfits. This allows their style to be much more relatable than many other fashion icons. Eira, with her natural Boho style and Norwegian roots brings a refreshing feel to British fashion.

Eira admits she spends most of her free time shopping. When she is not on campus, she is raking through the rails of her favourite shops: H&M, Topshop, Primark and Zara.

Her effortless combination of basics and statement bag make this a first-class outfit. She most certainly does not look as if she has been in university classes all day. Eira chose a vintage Levi’s denim jacket and paired it with affordable Primark basics: white tee, snood and super comfy Topshop black jeans. She put an extra spin on her outfit with 70s-inspired platform sandals that make this look awe-worthy — she certainly had me lusting after this outfit as she walked by! Eira’s minimalist yet inspiring outfit is topped off with an eye catching Zara bag filled with essential university goods! It is also worth noting her careful yet effortless jewelery choices: faux gold H&M rings and Casio digital watch provide the finishing touches to this girl’s fabulous outfit! Eira’s fashion sense definitely brightened up a rather foggy day! 

Alice Low

Aberdeen

Hi, I'm Rachel! I am currently pursuing a degree in English and Politics at UofA, graduating in 2016. I love all things pink, sparkly and pug related. Proud to be President and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Aberdeen.