Shakes and Cakes Cafe Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Are you a fan of milkshakes, crêpes, waffles and everything sweet? Then maybe we have found the right place for you; Shakes’n’ Cakes! Those who live close to or around the University of Aberdeen, or spend their afternoons at Grub, might have seen a violet building on the Spital; that’s them.

I discovered the place about two weeks ago but sadly never had the time to try out their different desserts. But being on holiday, I wanted to have a little treat for myself.  I ordered a milkshake ‘Strawberry Surprise (Fruit)’ and a ‘Strawberry & Chocolate Indulgence Waffle’.

The milkshake is refreshing, made of fresh strawberries. The waffle was good as well, not as sweet as I was expecting!

Personally, I try and avoid eating cakes and everything else sweet, but sometimes I can’t resist chocolate. After all, I deserved these delicacies… I worked very hard this semester and hadn’t drunk a milkshake or savoured a waffle in a long time. 

I recommend going after six o’clock as at other times it can be very busy, especially in the afternoon or during lunch. Many students and families come to Shakes ‘n’ Cakes either to sit down like I did, or have a take-out. 

They are open every day from 11 am to 11 pm and it’s on 149 Spital.

More information can be found on their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/shakesncakesaberdeen/

Images all Natascha’s own. Thanks to the Shakes n Cakes team for posing for a photo!

Natascha studies English with Creative Writing at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland. She is fascinated by ancient cultures, loves reading books on spirituality, travelling, dancing and doing yoga. Poetry, Pinterest and her encounters with people are her sources of inspiration and strength. Her passion for writing started at the age of eight and she likes writing articles basically on anything from mental health, personal experiences or her favourite music band. She loves spending time with her loved ones and enjoys drinking tea. Song of the moment: Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song) Favourite accessory: earrings Favourite movie as a child: The Wizard of Oz Book of the moment: Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini 'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.' - Eleanor Roosevelt
Laura Rennie is currently a fifth year Diploma in Legal Practice student at the University of Aberdeen. After four years studying in the Granite City she couldn't quite drag herself away from it so decided to stick around for one more year. Previously a features writer and secretary of Her Campus Aberdeen when it was founded, she is now very excited to be captaining the little pink ship this year. She loves cups of tea, fairy lights, musicals, trashy TV and is a blogger and member of Her Campus Blogger Network in her spare time.