Rebranded and Ready: RAG Week 2014!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Our glorious charitiescommittee at AUSA have been busy bees! They have been on a massive rebranding operation to create a fantastic campaign for our 2014/15 Uni year and we at Her Campus can happily announce RAISING AND GIVING is up and raring to go. After the success of Freshers our RAG team are on the go again with RAG week. All this week! 

I met up with Jenny Waters and Callum Allison to hear about the incredible team and the whole load of fantastic activities this week. The £1 Challenge event uses the ‘power of the pound’ as the prevailing theme. If everyone on campus just gave £1 to our great RAG campaign… that’s around about £17,000 ready to head to charity. Such a lot for simply giving up your daily pack of maltesers. If you see one of the volunteers in their bright red t-shirt, rocking around campus with their buckets, just pop one gold in – a little goes a long way. 

Not only are these philanthropist heros beating through the Aberdonian wind and rain with their heavy buckets, they also have a packed week for us pocket jingling students! On Wednesday (…. This might just make your week…) those champions in red will be selling £1.50 entry brands to our favourite night out in Institute! Partying for charity? It’s a yes from me. 

The fun continues on Thursday… an amazing bungee jump experience will be available for the brave of us to have a go on. Want to see Aberdeen from the greatest height? Best way to do it! Just step out of your lecture and onto this bungee. Itwill be higher than the library, falling down onto Kings Pitches after 175 feet of screaming. If you are too much of a scardy cat (like me…) give a little elbow nudge to someone who loves the adrenaline rush! They will appreciate this experience on their doorstep. Have a look right now athttp://www.ausa.org.uk/ents/event/928/

Now for us Scots, who can’t resist a Ceilidh to end a busy week? With tickets only £5 you will be bounding away to the sound of the fiddle and accordion, smashing the Dashing White Sargent and the Gay Gordons. For those who have never Ceilidhed before you are in for a treat… an old Scottish tradition that hasn’t disappeared for good reason, an experience you will never forget. Click on the link to find out more http://www.ausa.org.uk/ents/event/933/

The RAG dream team will be working hard bag packing at Asda on Saturday but Sunday will end with a pint and a bang. RAG is returning to our glorious homely Bobbin for a pub quiz on Sunday night, so get your teams set up and ready to win, you’ll be the RAG champions of the week. 

With this week’s target at £7,000, we at Her Campus have every faith in our RAG team to break through it. However, they can’t do this alone! They need our help. This money doesn’t just disappear into an invisible fund… all the money raised goes to local charities… it actually helps local people in your community. So pop yourself down onto Campus and have a go, chuck a pound in a bucket or dive from great heights… it’s up to you! With a million and one things planned this year we definitely have some treats in store here at AU. We at Her Campus can’t wait to get more involved! So use the power of the pound or take part in something big! RAG is a great cause and needs great students like us to help.