RAG Charity Ball Dress Swap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

On Monday our fantastic RAG (Raising and Giving) Committee debuted their innovative new fundraising idea. There are so many university dances and balls, especially in the second semester, so it can get a little stressful and pricey trying to find a new dress for each one. We all know you really can’t be seen in the same dress twice (at least in the same term anyway!) Holly and her team came up with the great idea of handing in your old ball gowns and swapping them for new dresses, with the proceeds of the tickets and any unsold dresses going straight to the numerous amazing charities RAG supports. In the upcoming months there are plenty RAG events you can get involved in, one of the most exciting being the big fashion show in February. We can’t wait to see what the team pulls out the bag. You can keep up with all their charity and fundraising activities on their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/ausaRAG/?fref=ts

Meanwhile; after a successful dress swap… you shall go to the ball!

Laura Rennie is currently a fifth year Diploma in Legal Practice student at the University of Aberdeen. After four years studying in the Granite City she couldn't quite drag herself away from it so decided to stick around for one more year. Previously a features writer and secretary of Her Campus Aberdeen when it was founded, she is now very excited to be captaining the little pink ship this year. She loves cups of tea, fairy lights, musicals, trashy TV and is a blogger and member of Her Campus Blogger Network in her spare time.