This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Name:  Dale Elizabeth Kerr

Age: 20

Studying: Primary Education, third year

From: Edinburgh

5 quick questions:

1.     Favourite food? Cereal!

2.     Favourite film? Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, or Pride and Prejudice (the one with Keira Knightly). (Can’t say I’ve heard of that one)

3.     Biggest fear? Cotton wool. (I won’t ask…)

4.     Biggest pet-peeve? When someone is regularly late. (preach it!!)

5.     Worst habit? Biting my nails when I’m nervous.

HC: Tell me something nobody knows about you.

I have a rather embarrassing, undying love for Robbie Williams. I just think he is the greatest thing ever.

Nothing to be embarrassed about here, I think we all have a lil’ love for Robbie deep down.

HC: We hear you’ve got some big plans for the summer, tell us about them.

I am going to Thailand for a month to volunteer in a nursery with underprivileged children. Amy McNeill and I will be in Bangkok throughout June and July to help these children get a better start to their education. I’m so excited about this and we plan to do some travelling around afterwards as well.We have to fundraise to be able to go so we are having a ceilidh and I am planning (possibly) to do a sponsored 5k in Edinburgh – and for anyone who knows me you’ll know that running is not my favourite, so my attempt at it should be entertaining.

Wow, sounds very exciting, and I can definitely say that all us HC gals are very jealous!

HC: What do you enjoy the most about Aberdeen and your course?

I love the people in Aberdeen, I’ve made so many great friends that make being up here so fun. My course is good too – placement is the best part! I am about to go into a school for five weeks.

I applaud you for being able to spend all day in a classroom with so many children – I can assure you I wouldn’t be able to do that.

HC: Are you part of any societies?

I am part of the AUCU (Aberdeen University Christian Union) which is great fun – loads of lovely people that love to be around other Christians.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Honestly, my life plan changes daily, but at the moment I would like to be working for a children’s charity that supports mental health. I hope to do a lot of travelling after uni so I’m not sure where I’ll end up but I definitely want to work doing something to support vulnerable children.

Thanks so much Dale from all of us at Her Campus and wish you the best of luck on your travels, we can’t wait to hear all about it! HCXO <3

Third year student studying History and International Relations.
Laura Rennie is currently a fifth year Diploma in Legal Practice student at the University of Aberdeen. After four years studying in the Granite City she couldn't quite drag herself away from it so decided to stick around for one more year. Previously a features writer and secretary of Her Campus Aberdeen when it was founded, she is now very excited to be captaining the little pink ship this year. She loves cups of tea, fairy lights, musicals, trashy TV and is a blogger and member of Her Campus Blogger Network in her spare time.