New Favourite TV Show: Scream Queens

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

The new US hit show ‘Scream Queens’ certainly does not portray college sorority life in the way that most other TV shows and films do. It’s not all about massive parties and casual hook-ups, but rather the show follows the lives of the girls in the Kappa sorority house and their terror as a masked red devil is out to kill them. So clearly not your average American college show! By only four episodes in six people have already died (don’t worry this doesn’t spoil much, it’s very obvious what’s coming)!

The amazing star studded cast of Emma Roberts, Ariana Grande, Jamie Lee Curtis, Lea Michelle (who even looks bad for a change- yey for us!) and the beautiful Nick Jonas, to name only a few, and the ridiculous methods of murder carried out by this unknown red devil allows the show to live up to its description of Glee meets American Horror Story- along with the mystery of Pretty Little Liars. What more could a girl want in a show?                                   

Despite how unrealistic and overdramatic this show is, it’s definitely worth a watch and I guarantee you will be just as hooked as I am in wanting to find out who the killer is!  

Third year student studying History and International Relations.
Laura Rennie is currently a fifth year Diploma in Legal Practice student at the University of Aberdeen. After four years studying in the Granite City she couldn't quite drag herself away from it so decided to stick around for one more year. Previously a features writer and secretary of Her Campus Aberdeen when it was founded, she is now very excited to be captaining the little pink ship this year. She loves cups of tea, fairy lights, musicals, trashy TV and is a blogger and member of Her Campus Blogger Network in her spare time.