This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

In lockdown, so much of our normal everyday lives have changed! Mealtimes are the only true excitement of the day, going to Home Bargains feels like trekking through the rainforest, and watching the news feels apocalyptic. Amongst all of this madness, music still exists! Here are some of my favourite tracks that I discovered in the brutal lockdown of 2021 x

#1 Honey Butter

If you’re looking for some relatively chilled-out yet somehow still boppy and funky jazz music, this is your sign to stream!

Favourites: Missing Piece, Pages, The Answer

#2 Aly & AJ

Your fave mid-00s sister duo have been making a comeback over the last couple of years, and the quality is top notch!

Favourites: Potential Breakup Song (explicit), Church, Star Maps

#3 BLACKPINK

BLACKPINK in your area!!

Favourites: Lovesick Girls, Pretty Savage, How You Like That

#4 Leadley

We love quality pop music!

Favourites: Chic, Love Me Like That, 23

#4 Foxes

This song sounds like it should be on Dancing on Ice, which, again, is the vibe we need in 2021 x

Favourite: Love Not Loving You

#5 Housecat

It’s boppy!

Favourites: Disco D

#6 Victoria Monét

I will never get over the consistent sleeping on Miss Victoria, it’s criminal at this point.

Favourites: Jaguar, We Might Even Be Falling In Love, Moment

#7 Rina Sawayama

Incredible! Showstopping! Brilliant! Talented!

Favourites: The entirety of SAWAYAMA x

#8 Carole King

Carole King’s music sounds like a nice evening next to the toasty fire with a lovely hot chocolate – which is the vibe we are craving when it’s sleating outside!

Favourites: Smackwater Jack, I Feel the Earth Move, Way Over Yonder

#9 Miley Cyrus

Miley was not messing around with Plastic Hearts! She said: I am going to release a rock album and you are going to LOVE it (which I do!)!

Favourites: Bad Karma, Angels Like You, Golden G String

#10 Taylor Swift

I’m still hung up on Evermore!

Favourites: Marjorie, Long Story Short, Gold Rush

Lucy Clarkson

Aberdeen '21

Poltitics & Sociology student