Milani Cosmetics Ultrafine Liquid Eyeliner Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

One of our favourite things about our Spring Break Survival Kit’s this year was the Milani eyeliner. We’d wanted to try out make up from Milani for a while so our whole chapter were desperate to get their hands on these Ultrafine Liner’s as soon as they spied them in the box. We asked two of our exec members and writers to give the eyeliners a whirl and give us their hints, tips and honest opinions.

Jess: 

Her Campus Aberdeen has received our spring survival pack and I was lucky enough to get my hands on one of the Milani Ultrafine Felt Tip Eyeliners in No. 2 Black Gems. I live for a cat eye so I can’t deny that I was very excited to try a product that isn’t yet available in the UK. I tried it on for the Kings Ball because it seemed like the liner was perfect for a more glamorous occasion. I loved the applicator because it isn’t individual bristles so you can get the perfect glam eye in one simple stroke! Yes, it seemed like the answer to all my cosmetic prayers! However, I’ve got to be honest, the black glimmer is too sparkly to create the bold black line that I was planning on creating. It just didn’t show up enough. The glimmer is super cool, but shows up grey so I wouldn’t recommend you use their black if you want your eyes to be centre of attention. Ultimately, despite my little colour problem, I highly recommend the brand because it dries quickly and stays on all day without smudging! I hope I get a chance to steal some other members’ colours to brighten up my eyes this summer.

Eira:

Like Jess, I tried out the Milani Ultrafine Felt Tip Eyeliner in Black Gems. I agree with her that the colour can show up a bit grey, but the trick that works for me is to shake up the bottle well and work in layers. The first layer can look a bit grey, but I tend to go back and press more of the pigment on top where it’s a bit sparse. I’m an eyeliner fiend, but I tend to stick with simple blacks or browns – so the Black Gems colour is great for injecting a bit of sparkle into my everyday look. I like it as a simple line with no wing, and the glitter can be very subtle so it just shows up when I blink. Understated everyday glamour! The liner can also be built up to a thick cat eye, but it will not give the same matte opacity as you would get with a gel liner. But the Milani eyeliner is great in that it layers so well without flaking, so you could easily do your normal cat eye and then press the glitter liner on top. For these pictures I built around three layers with just the Milani liner to get the opacity I was after. It really does stay on all day (even on my smudgy eyelids) and does not budge from your eyes until your Bioderma tells it to!

All in all, a great eyeliner if you’re willing to put in some work! Thanks HC <3

Fourth year student studying Politics and International Relations at the University of Aberdeen. Social Secretary for University of Aberdeen HC Chapter
Laura Rennie is currently a fifth year Diploma in Legal Practice student at the University of Aberdeen. After four years studying in the Granite City she couldn't quite drag herself away from it so decided to stick around for one more year. Previously a features writer and secretary of Her Campus Aberdeen when it was founded, she is now very excited to be captaining the little pink ship this year. She loves cups of tea, fairy lights, musicals, trashy TV and is a blogger and member of Her Campus Blogger Network in her spare time.