This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Name: Anna Ross

Age: 20

Hometown: Glasgow

Degree: History

What is your Role on Commitee: Social Secretary. I am head of organising the Events for the society along with my amazing team.

What do you enjoy most about it? It’s fun to organise events that people really get involved in and have a really good time – that’s always rewarding. I also like being able to organise events so that our Her Campus family can all hang our together, whether that be a movie night or a fab night out.

Why did you decide to join Her Campus? I decided to join HC because it seemed like something that I would really enjoy. I also thought I would love to be a part of making something happen. Also as it’s my final year at uni I really wanted to make the most of it and Her Campus seemed like the perfect society for me to get involved in.

What is your favourite thing to do in Aberdeen? My favourite place to go is Balmedie beach for a nice long walk – although I don’t go often I love it when I do.

Where are you most likely to be found outside of HC Events? I’m most likely found in bed watching rubbish TV!

Name: Lauren Murphy

Age: 22

Hometown: Oxford

Degree: English

What is your role on committee? My official role is head of PR and Social Media. I help find sponsors for our society or organise some events like our Christmas meal. I help organising the running of promoting our society through things like Twitter, Facebook etc.

What do you enjoy most about it? I enjoy the feeling of responsibility when running the social media or organising some events or sponsorship. It feels good to feel like you’ve done a good job. It’s stressful when things go wrong but when it goes right it’s a good pat on your back feeling.

Why did you decide to join Her Campus? I originally joined for the writing aspect. I liked how you could write about fashion, friends and a whole range of things.

What is your favourite thing to do in Aberdeen? I really enjoy walking a long the beach. I didn’t grow up around the seaside. So it’s nice to go walk down there with friends get some fresh sea air and then be a child again at the arcade.

Where you most likely to be found outside of HC Events?

You will most likely find me at Waterstones, where I work, or catching up with a friend in the coffee shop at Tayler. Coffee is the only thing getting me through third year haha. Plus cause of my hectic schedule the spare time that I have I use to see my friends. Otherwise I’d be a social recluse haha … The jump from second year to third year is so much fun… Not.