Meet the Committee: Tamarra Binnie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Meet the Committee: Tamarra Binnie

Age: 19

Studying: Primary education 3rd year

Originally from: A tiny little village outside Glasgow

Committee Position: Vice President

This week, Her Campus caught up with our beautiful new Vice Rpesident, Tamarra Binnie! Let’s find out a little bit about what makes her tick.

HC: Hi Tamarra, first of all congratulations on becoming the vice-president of our little (big) HC family! Let’s start from the beginning – what made you join Her Campus those years ago?

TB: Thanks girl! Well as it would be, my best friend (two-day old friend at the time) and I spotted some girls at the freshers fayre and we were immediately attracted by their pink jumpers. We spent a little while wondering around the other societies before heading over to speak to the then social sec (big up Anna) and the rest is history.

HC: What are your most and least favourite things about being a vice-pres?

TB: I love being Vice President! Working alongside Lauren and working my way up through roles in the society has been so much fun! I enjoy getting to know everyone and being a point of contact too. There’s nothing bad I would say- maybe having to tell people what to do, that can be a little bit scary. But apart from that I’m loving VP life!

HC: Now, we know you study Primary teaching. Have you always wanted to be a teacher? Many people our age tend to be intimidated by big groups of small children!

TB: Always always always! As soon as I realised I wasn’t going to be a princess (call me, Harry) I knew I was going to be a primary teacher! Really?! I think kids are great personally! I spend my summers au pairing and I’m a nanny while at university too. They’re a huge part of my life. I genuinely believe that kids are some of the funniest people you’ll ever meet and having the opportunity to laugh every day at your job seems like a pretty sweet deal to me.

HC: You’ve spent the summer as an au-pair in Madrid, and we have to admit we’re kind of jealous. If you could pick any other place in the world to go, which would you pick?

TB: Yeah it was unbelievable- do it! Well last summer I spent three months in Italy and that was amazing too. I fell in love with Madrid this year but I’ve been desperate to go to France for what seems like a lifetime. Do you know any Parisian honeys out there looking for a Scottish gal?

HC: We will definitely keep you posted if we find any! You are also famous for your boy-related escapades, and they do say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. What is your favourite food to eat while on a date?

TB: Haha! Not quite famous but I’ll take it. In all honesty there’s nothing I hate more than eye-contact and eating in front of people. I’m always trying to fill the silence and that’s kind of hard to do when you’ve got a face full of spinach. My advice would be to avoid: anything with too much sauce, too much garlic or too many herbs. The herb-in-the-tooth look is not chic!

HC: While we’re at it, why not have a bit of a foodie rapid fire? Brunch or dinner?

TB: Brunch! All the avocados!

HC: Sweet or savoury breakfast?

TB: Sweet? Waffles 5ever

HC: Latte or espresso?

TB: Soya Latte

HC: Muffins or cupcakes?

TB: Oh tough one- cupcakes might just steal it.

Thank you for your time Tamarra, we hope everything goes well with you as VP this year!! HCXO

Fourth year Business management & Psychology student, shameless One Direction fan and a fashion enthusiast.