Lights, Camera… POUT! Makeup Trends From LFW!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Not only has the London Fashion Week brought solid wardrobe inspiration, it also provided an insight into what’s currently trending in the world of makeup, read on and find out how to mimic the models on the runway.

Kohl eyes and red lips

The grungy worn-in eye look seems to be making a comeback in a slightly more sophisticated way, accompanied by a bold red lip. The liner is concentrated on the outer edges (especially on the lower lids), smudged, and sometimes topped off with sparkly eyeshadow for an added glam effect.

Blue eyes

Like it or not, the good old blue eyeshadow from the 70’s is here and ready to rock again. Whether in a more subtle blended form, or a showier glossy mermaid-like appearance, the blue eye was dominating this September’s catwalks.

Clumpy lashes

Some might consider them untasteful or too bold, but clumpy lashes started appearing on catwalks about three seasons ago and don’t seem to be going anywhere. Packing on a lot of mascara is truly the simplest way of pulling the attention towards the eyes without having to create a dramatic eyeshadow look. Coloured mascara can be used for an added “fun factor“.

We hope this roundup gave you some inspiration and new ideas on how you can spice up your makeup game (which we’re sure is already flawless, btw) this autumn! HCXO<3

Fourth year Business management & Psychology student, shameless One Direction fan and a fashion enthusiast.
Hi, I'm Rachel! I am currently pursuing a degree in English and Politics at UofA, graduating in 2016. I love all things pink, sparkly and pug related. Proud to be President and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Aberdeen.