Kings Ball 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

On Thursday night, 12 Her Campus girls donned their best frocks and trotted off to the Kings Awards. The Kings Awards are organised every year by Aberdeen University Student’s Association and are an opportunity to recognise those who have contributed most to university life. This year HC was lucky enough to be nominated for the top award; Society of the Year. As we have only been a registered society for less than 2 years we were chuffed to even be nominated when there are over 130 other societies and a huge congrats to the winners of the night – the Economics and Business Society. The beach ballroom was a stunning venue for the evening and it was great to spend an evening letting loose and dancing with all of our girls. Here’s to next year!

Laura Rennie is currently a fifth year Diploma in Legal Practice student at the University of Aberdeen. After four years studying in the Granite City she couldn't quite drag herself away from it so decided to stick around for one more year. Previously a features writer and secretary of Her Campus Aberdeen when it was founded, she is now very excited to be captaining the little pink ship this year. She loves cups of tea, fairy lights, musicals, trashy TV and is a blogger and member of Her Campus Blogger Network in her spare time.