He Was A Skater Boy…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

All hail Mr Andrew Smith! So here we are starting a whole new school year in Aberdeen and boy are they some fresh faces about. Every one has returned from exotic places looking sun-kissed and ready to impress all the freshers on campus – including this cutie! I caught up with Andy, right as he was about to roll down King Street to his favourite barbershop to get his standard cut (short back and sides). All you unattached colligettes out there will be happy to know this guy is single and ready to mingle! Andy is a fourth year Politics and International Relations student, so you better get in there quick! His favourite film is The Graduate and he loves a girl who can share his passion and appreciation for film, art and culture!

Although Aberdeen is Andy’s birthplace he grew up in Dubai but is unsure of where he would consider his home as he feels less and less affiliated with Dubai; could any of you singletons find him and take hold of his heart – as home is where the heart is – isn’t it? Not only is his accent intriguing, this charmer said his ideal first date world be a picnic on the moon – who wouldn’t want that?

Aberdeen holds a soft spot in Andy’s heart as he rhapsodises that when it rains, the city truly comes to life as the light reflects off the water, onto the buildings and shines into the sky Aberdeen truly deserves it’s epithet of the silver city.

You can find Andy chowing down on his favourite steak at the Granite Park restaurant or in his favourite off-beat clothes shop, Attic or perhaps sipping the nights away in Siberia before heading to his favourite club, Tunnel.

Andy’s BFF Ben described Andy in three words – eccentric, generous and talented… what a catch!

Before I knew it was happening, Andy was off to go and get his hair cut, but he is definitely a face you will be seeing lots of around campus, so take a long look ladies – we won’t judge you!  

Alice Low

Aberdeen