This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

As I near the end of semester two at the University of Aberdeen, and with my thesis deadline fast approaching, I often find my brain wandering off to think about what the future holds for me and my friends. So out of sheer curiosity, I reached out to the girls at HCAU, and asked what they’re post uni plans are. Here’s what they had to say:

Megan: Still have another year to go but hopefully I will go straight into publishing/get an internship in an editorial department. Or maybe a master’s in politics if I’m feeling wild. Anything related to publishing and/or journalism! But honestly just sleeping.

Jacquelin: I am staying at Aberdeen and doing a one-year postgraduate MTh by research looking at the post-traumatic growth of criminal offenders.

Ellen: Applying for jobs and hopefully staying in Aberdeen!  

Iona: I’m graduating then heading straight back to Aberdeen to do my PGDE in primary teaching! I’ve wanted this career for as long as I can remember so I am super excited about it.

Amy: Applying for jobs and getting married two months after I graduate!

Emma: Ya girl be graduating and the plan is to catch up on all the books I’ve been planning to read. I’ll be taking a year before doing my masters so hopefully I’ll get some awesome (work) experiences and overall find something I’ll enjoy doing in the future.

Chloe: Is getting sleep a valid plan? Nah but I’m hoping to get into Sound Design after the summer.

Jaden: I’m hoping to get someone to hire me to do anything even vaguely psychology/social work related. I require funds to support my growing book habits.

Lucy: I shall HOPEFULLY be graduating and praying that somebody will employ me so that I can go travelling next year! (Obvs Covid-dependent)

Carlyn: I will be doing an English lit masters purely because I love my degree so much and am not yet ready to let it go lmao, but also hoping it’ll get me into some kind of editorial position when I eventually decide to become an adult and have a career.

Chelsea: I still have another year left after this one but planning to go to Hong Kong to relax by travelling, eating, shopping, and hopefully becoming fluent in Cantonese, before coming back to do a masters!

Kate: I have another year left and have no idea what I want to do after but I’m looking forward to relaxing a bit.

As for me, dear reader, what are my post-graduation plans? I honestly don’t know yet. Maybe I’ll start applying for jobs, or look into even further, further education. But for now, I’m just looking forward to getting some time off to completely relax. I want to learn to roller skate, and cook new recipes in my free time (without the guilt of the essay I *should* be writing looming over me), explore Scotland as much as I can, and maybe go abroad too (Covid-dependent of course). What I do know is that I’m ready and excited for the next chapter of my life. It’s scary not knowing what will happen next, where I will go, and who I will meet, but I’m ready for the adventure!

Second year Psychology student @ University of Aberdeen