HCAU Welcome to the Committee: Zachary Hunter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Name: Zachary Hunter

Studying: English and Language & Linguistics

Year: 3rd

Committee Position: Editor

HC: Hi Zach, first of all, congratulations on your position as Editor! For those who don’t know you, could you tell us a little bit about yourself?

ZH: Thank you! I never know what to say to this kind of question, but I would say I’m a simple person. My interests include topics such as politics, LGBTQ rights, reading, Netflix and ordering from Deliveroo

HC: When did you join HerCampus and why?

ZH: I joined back in September 2018 and joining was honestly unintentional! I came to a meeting with a friend as moral support, and then a committee member asked me what I was writing for the next week and I’ve been here since.

HC: What are you enjoying most about being on the committee and in HCAU generally?

ZH: I really like being an editor because I get exposure to different writing techniques and styles, which ultimately helps my writing, too.

HC: What advice could you give current or prospective students, or future members?

ZH: There’s no better place to start of your journalism life off in than in Her Campus. It’s definitely worth joining!

HC: What’s your favourite thing to write about for HCAU? Do you have any specific articles planned?

ZH: I really like LGBT and political themed articles. I intend to continue on producing both while I’m a part of Her Campus.

HC: Finally, to finish up our interview, we have some quick-fire questions! Go-to Starbucks order?

ZH: My order has to be as complicated as possible or else I’m not satisfied. I normally go for a large decaf latte with almond milk.

HC: Going out or staying in?

ZH: Staying in, I’m old and poor- it’s what’s best for my belly and my bank account

HC: Favourite Takeaway to order?

Falafel Delight

HC: Current celebrity crush?

Ezra Miller

HC: Last show you binge-watched?

The Dragon Prince, my boyfriend insisted so I could watch season two with him.

Photo is Zachary’s own.

Ellen Vinke

Aberdeen '21

22 years old, studying postgrad Creative Writing at the University of Aberdeen! Lover of all things feline or nerdy x