This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

HCAU Review: Boost

Boost is a newly opened snack and dessert shop on Powis Terrace. As I’m always on the hunt for lovely places to eat in Aberdeen, I decided to give it a try.

The first thing you notice upon entering the store is the amazing display of Luca’s ice cream (yum!), as well as the huge selection of cakes, cookies and cupcakes. Mostly made in store, the desserts are just as aesthetically pleasing as they are delicious – I definitely recommend trying them!

Boost also offers a wide variety of crepes, waffles and pancakes. I had the chance to try a Bannoffe (banana and toffee filled) crepe, and was not disappointed. It was mouthwatering, and quite a big portion for the price. What caught my eye on the menu was their cookie dough, served with different toppings- I will be back to try that as well.

If you’re looking for something a bit more filling, I recommend choosing from their breakfast & lunch menu. Toasties, sandwiches, samosas, soups, paninis, baked potatoes and wraps await you (you can pre-order and pick up as well); all carefully prepared and really good value for money. The selection doesn’t lack vegetarian options either, and the friendly staff is more than happy to make any modifications you may require.

The place itself is modern, bright and colourful with; relaxing jazz music playing in the background. It’s the perfect location to spend your time between two lectures and freshen up a little. Bring your laptop and do some work while enjoying a delicious cup of coffee (non-dairy milk available) or order something for take away if you’re not feeling like cooking lunch. Either way, you won’t regret it!

All Photos: Eszter’s Own & boosts Facebook page 

Lover of sunsets and coffee, queen of procrastination and a real granny at heart.