This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Beauty and the Beast Review 

As a little girl Beauty and the Beast was my favourite story. I’d spend nights reading my little hardback Disney book, compelled by every word and picture spread across each page. So when I heard a new Beauty and the Beast movie was coming out, of course I would be there for the first showing on the release day! I spent months eagerly awaiting the release, but also worrying. Many adaptations of movies just don’t live up to the original story, would this be the same? Would I have to watch my favourite Disney story be wrecked and ruined?

Much to my great relief, Beauty and the beast did not disappoint! With big names such as Emma Watson, Ewan McGregor and Emma Thompson, Disney succeeded in creating a movie so similar to the childhood images in our head. Even the animations of Lumière, Cogsworth and Mrs Potts are incredibly similar to those in the original Disney cartoon. Not to mention the humour displayed by these characters: not too advanced for children to miss but not too far beneath us older viewers to have a good giggle!

Led by Emma Watson, she proves to be true star in this movie; perfectly capturing the innocence and sweet nature of Belle. As if the role was created for her, after watching her transform into the Beauty and the Beast Disney princess I can hardly picture Belle as being anyone else.

Beauty and the Beast did nothing but impress, and is definitely not just a movie for younger viewers. I cannot wait for my second, third and fourth viewings!

HC Rating – 5/5