Career

HCAU Profile: Toni from Trinity Centre Easter Egg Appeal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Today Her Campus had the chance to talk to Toni Thomson, the Marketing Administrator for the Trinity Centre in Aberdeen who is running the Easter Egg Appeal we are supporting this year. Read on to find out more about her and the amazing work her and her team does for the community.

HC: Hi Toni, thanks for chatting to us today! So first of all, what is the Easter Egg Appeal all about?

TT: The Easter Egg Appeal is a campaign that started 18 years ago, the appeal invites shoppers to donate chocolate Easter Eggs, via a perspex egg on the mall, which are then distributed to local children’s charities, hospitals, hostels, crèche’s and family centres.

HC: Such a great idea! Who do you aim to help through the project?

TT: Since the start of the campaign, we have collected and distributed approx. 45,788 Easter Eggs. Every year the appeal grows stronger and stronger, last year we collected 4,200 eggs which helped over 50 organisations including Cyrenians, Barnardo’s, CLAN Cancer Support, CHAS, Instant Neighbour plus so much more! Not only do we ask our loyal customers, many of our local and national contractors get involved, as well as local businesses, many of which have been donating since the appeal started, without their support we couldn’t make this as much of a success it currently is.

HC:  When does the appeal start this year? We can’t wait to get involved and help out!

TT: Our campaign this year will be kicking off on the 19th February – last day for collection will be Friday 30th March. As well as donating Easter Eggs on the mall customers will be able to donate cash via a collection point on the perspex egg – any cash collected during the appeal we will buy eggs on everyone’s behalf – we work closely with local supermarkets to try and get the best deal possible.

If you would like to donate to the appeal, HCAU will be collecting Easter Eggs on Campus! Check out our poster bellow for all the details.