Happy 90th Your Majesty!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Our very own Queenie turned 90 years young on April 21st and she did it with extreme style, as per usual. Check out our article on the Queen’s style!

There were too many cute photos for us not to give you scoop on. 

The Cake:

Who could forget our beloved British Bake Off 2015 winner, Nadiya Hussain?! Well Nadiya was honoured to be asked to bake the cake for the Queen’s birthday. Nadiya at first though it was some sort of prank! The cake turned out brilliantly, despite Nadiya’s nerves!

The Birthday Beacon’s:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3548712/She-s-Queen-castle-s-cheeky-rascal.html

There were more than 900 beacons which were lit across the UK to celebrate the Queen’s 90th. The Queen lit the first one, at Windsor Castle, where she then had a private dinner party with close family. 

The Family Portrait: 

There’s no way we were leaving this out! The headshot of each of the individuals will be available as a commemorative First Class stamp. Prince George looked particularly cute, more so that he was standing on blocks to make him the same height as everyone else!

And finally, although this was not a direct celebration of the Queen’s birthday, Barak Obama touched down in the UK the day after HM turned 90 and he had dinner with the Queen and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge aka Kate and Wills. Of course, Prince George stayed up past his bedtime to meet Mr President. Who else could meet Obama in their dressing gown?! Jealous!

Needless to say, it seemed that the Queen had a great time celebrating the fine age she had become and we just love her even more! Long Reign, HM!

Laura Rennie is currently a fifth year Diploma in Legal Practice student at the University of Aberdeen. After four years studying in the Granite City she couldn't quite drag herself away from it so decided to stick around for one more year. Previously a features writer and secretary of Her Campus Aberdeen when it was founded, she is now very excited to be captaining the little pink ship this year. She loves cups of tea, fairy lights, musicals, trashy TV and is a blogger and member of Her Campus Blogger Network in her spare time.