element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Christmas Gift Guide for the Men in Our Lives

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Top Gifts for Him this Christmas

Whoever that he may be!

If anyone understands the difficulty in buying male gifts at any time of year, but especially during the festivities it’s me! With only one sister, a lack of male relatives and only the odd boyfriend in my time I’m not the most experienced male gift buyer. It’s time to tune in and use my normally excellent (If I say so myself) gift giving skills and nail it this Christmas. So I’ve come up with a few ideas for 3 categories of man you may buy for: Don’t worry guys and gals, I’ve got you sorted.

BROTHER

Although I’ve not got a brother, my sister is as best as it gets. I’ve always found that trying to surprise her doesn’t always go to plan and especially at her age (17) she’s not got the funds to buy all the things she actually wants. So, my best advice: ASK. You have the advantage of being in the same family, you know each other really well but what’s even better is you can slyly ask what they want for Christmas without looking silly. They’ll probably suggest a few presents that they ‘must have’ and you’ll be able to choose wisely within your budget. Pros – you know it’s a keeper and you don’t need to explain the present as they’re opening it on Christmas morning… (We’ve all been there)

DAD

Another toughy, my parents never seem to want anything ever. However, if my dad is like everyone else’s, he’s a sucker for anything he can eat/drink/snack on during the festive period. Team up with a sibling if you have one and create a Christmas hamper. Ours usually has a nice basket (Which my mum always steals after it’s empty), a few bottles of nice red wine/a nice bottle of whiskey, lots of cheeses, chutneys and preserves, some nuts and crisps and throw in some choco like a good old fashioned Toblerone and you’re good to go! Cause let’s face it, he doesn’t want some more socks or the Top-gear series on DVD. 

BOYFRIEND

Now this is by far the hardest, he’s the person you’re probably most excited for shopping the most. So, how can we translate this into a thoughtful gift that isn’t just a splash of cash because you’ve run out ideas? (Or don’t have enough cash to splash). Do something together, the run up to the holidays is always very romantic, but take this as an opportunity to do something nice when the Christmas rush is over to keep the romance going. Budget dependent, the world is your oyster: Think a nice day trip, a nice meal at a restaurant or if you’re feeling really like Santa Claus, a weekend away! Not only do you get to spend time together, but it’s kinda like a gift from you to you at the same time. (Only applicable if you’re slightly selfish like me). It’s always nice to open something as well, so through in a little thoughtful but stocking-esque gift. We’re talking a little book or the DVD collection of any T.V series you’ve been binging together.

And if everything goes to plan, you’ll definitely be on Santa’s nice list…  

Photo Pinterest , Wallpaper Web, Elevate Dads