This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Life is too short to turn a blind eye to the icon that is Chris Evans. I came to this conclusion earlier this year, and it was one of the most influential epiphanies of my life. The power of this new mindset was just so inspiring that I wanted to share the revelations that allowed me to enter such an incredible new chapter of my life, as it would be simply selfish of me to not allow you all to join me. I have quickly highlighted some of the key features that will give you access to a whole new way of life that is solely centred around the understanding that Mr Chris Evans will, one day, save us all from ourselves.

His dog is a dream

I’m going to make a completely non-biased statement here: my dog is the cutest dog in the world. However, if anyone was going to come in second place, Dodger Evans would. He is the best of all the good boys. You can just tell that the angel gives out the best vibes. From beautifully singing his high notes to posing for every cute photograph, that dog truly has my heart.

He pops off on Twitter (& Instagram)

I don’t follow many celebrities on Twitter, usually they’re just promoting their own projects, but Mr. Evans here really pops off. He provides humorous, wholesome, and political content on my timeline on a daily basis, which is more than I could ever need! And on Instagram, the cute photos of Dodger and snaps of trees really brighten my day.

He created cable knit jumpers

In 2019, Chris Evans managed to invent a whole new clothing item, the cable knit jumper. No, you’re wrong, they didn’t exist before Knives Out (which is a very good film I would highly recommend), he invented them for his role! It was so considerate for Chris to do so, I love a big jumper, and simply could not imagine living in a world without them! Thank you Chris! x

Chris Jamal Evans

This is one of my favourite memes, and one that funnily enough reminded me that my sense of humour has dried up. Why is Chris Evans with acrylic nails funny? It’s not, but it makes us all laugh. Not only has this been approved by Chris himself, but it’s an ever growing never-dying meme that continues to be a blessing in my life.

He’s politically engaged

If you’ve not been inspired to follow Chris for the doggo and nature content, the politics might entice you. Chris is extremely politically active and engaged across all of his social media platforms and is unafraid to say what has to be said! He also runs a political website called A Starting Point, which is a civic-engagement platform set out to inform voters of important issues. Pop off King!

In conclusion: Chris Evans gives us so much, and we give him so little. Is there anything this man can’t do? No. And he does it all for us normal people. We are simply dirt on the bottom of his shoe and he still provides for us. He is a man on the people. And we love him for it x

Lucy Clarkson

Aberdeen '21

Poltitics & Sociology student