Campus Cutie: Mr John Haughney!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Today’s big cutie on Aberdeen campus is Mr John Haughney! John kindly agreed to let us interview him regarding both his professional and love life…lucky us! Here’s what John had to say…

Name: John Haughney
Age: Just turned 22
Hometown: Glasgow
Degree: Currently doing the Diploma in Law
Single or Taken?: Single

HC: So John, as you’re doing the diploma in law you’ve obviously completed a law degree. How did you find studying law? Is it really as hard as everyone thinks? 

John: It’s been exactly what you would expect of law…lots of reading! I would love to say it was as hard as you think, but I managed to graduate so it can’t be too tough! 

HC: That’s nice to hear, we’re always hearing from lawyers about the complexity of their degree! With only 6 months left of University you must be thinking a lot about the future…where do you see yourself in five years time? 

John: I don’t even know where I see myself in 5 hours never mind 5 years! But being serious I’d like to be involved in organising sports events, or sports management of some capacity. I’ve always been more interested in competitive sport than anything else so if I can’t play I’m going to get myself involved somehow. 

HC: So you aren’t going down the path of a big time lawyer…interesting. At Her Campus, we are aware that you are the Fundraising Secretary for the Sports Union Committee. We think this is a great thing to be involved in and assume that like us, you are interested in organising events and fundraisers to support various charities. Can you tell us any key charities that you support? 

John: This will be my second year of participating in Movember for men’s health awareness, particularly to do with testicular cancer support. In the past I have done 5km runs for the British Lung Foundation and helped raise money for Clan Cancer Support in Aberdeen. I would love to be getting involved with more charity events like Tough Mudder or the Men’s Health Survival of the Fittest. If anyone wants to make a team, you can count me in! 

HC: That’s amazing John, what a kind young man you are! It’s clear that you’re into sport and fitness. We know that you have recently suffered an injury while playing rugby and we’re sorry to hear that. What has it been like not being able to play the sport that you love, and when do you think that you’ll be back playing again? 

John: It’s been tough having to sit out of training for so long and miss the start of the season. It’s been sore but fingers crossed my rehab has gone well and I’ll be gracing the hallowed King’s Pitches with pace and finesse within a week or two. 

HC: That’s great to hear John, we’re really happy for you. We know that the rugby boys of Aberdeen University are somewhat popular with the ladies. Please tell us, who is your celebrity crush? 

John: Easy one, Margot Robbie. Cannot wait for Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad! 

HC: Good to know…On the topic of romance, can you describe to us your dream date? 

John: Oh Erin you’re making me blush! Anything involving you of course.

HC: Don’t be cheeky now John! 

John: But for real it depends what she’s like. I’d find out something she likes and try to have a fun spin on that! Just something casual and fun, if she has fun I’m sure I will too.

HC: Sounds like the perfect date! We all love something relaxed and fun that doesn’t put too much pressure on  us. Finally, can you describe yourself in 3 words that are sure to impress the girls? 

John: Really super fun? The most attractive? Unbelievably, overwhelmingly sexy? Pick your favourite! 

HC: We like your sense of humour John! Thank you so much for giving us your time this evening. You are definitely one fun loving Campus Cutie!
I am a fourth year law student studying LLB Hons and about to enter the scary world of work. My passion is gymnastics however I recently suffered an injury putting me out of the sport for 2 years so I've decided to give writing a go. My favourite things are a relaxing playlists, gin and finding a good book.
Laura Rennie is currently a fifth year Diploma in Legal Practice student at the University of Aberdeen. After four years studying in the Granite City she couldn't quite drag herself away from it so decided to stick around for one more year. Previously a features writer and secretary of Her Campus Aberdeen when it was founded, she is now very excited to be captaining the little pink ship this year. She loves cups of tea, fairy lights, musicals, trashy TV and is a blogger and member of Her Campus Blogger Network in her spare time.