jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Cutie – Mr Jerome Allison

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Her Campus caught up with Jerome Allison to hear all about this Mechanical Engineering student and Basketball captain’s latest exploits.

We thought we would start with the most important question! How would our campus cutie this week describe himself in a nutshell? I think my best qualities would have to be that I get on with people and am easy to talk to so I find it easy to make friends.

Now I know you are ALL wondering in addition to being basketball captain, how else does the lovely Jerome fill his time? Well – he is a keen advocator for ABDN Snow, with his only reasons for not going on the upcoming ski trip being because of work commitments, ‘I would definitely recommend it to anyone – a week of purely skiing and drinking, what more could you ask for?’ When asked how he’s finding the studying side of Uni life, he responds that he needs to get his foot on the accelerator; too much fun in Institute has meant he’s not got to grips with the demands of fourth year quite yet – and the Diss is ever looming!

So, aside from Institute at least weekly, what’s our Campus Cutie’s go-to place in Aberdeen? ‘ASV is my midday pit stop 5 days a week – in fact today I achieved a new PB which Im pretty happy with. Sweet. Anywhere else? ‘You cant beat a Nandos! Love chicken, love spicy food. So its ideal.

When asked what his favourite chat up line was he admitted they’re all far too cringe to actually use but his favourite would have to be, ‘Ive lost my number, can I have yours?’ We also asked for a unique fact to which he responded: ‘Im 1/8th Caribbean!’ How interesting!

So what does the future hold for Jerome? In 5 years time he hopes to have a decent job in Engineering, maybe Oil and Gas, but preferably Aeronautics. This ambitious lad also has dreams of the US on the horizon, which shouldn’t prove too difficult a move seeing as his family are scattered down a strip of the East Coast. It’s alright for some!

To finish off, we at HC would like an embarrassing fresher’s story please… ‘I have too many to choose from, but one of the best would have to be a night out after modeling for a fashion show in Liquid (HC: as you do…) which resulted in me coming home bruised and battered having apparently having rolled down some hill. I have no recollection of my 6 flat mates putting me to bed that night. Apparently a porter was looking for me to see if I was ok.’ He still has a scar on his arm from that night that doesn’t seem to be in any rush to fade, serving as a constant reminder. Well you win some you lose Jerome! At least you have the honour of campus cutie to ease your pain (haha)! 

Third year English Literature student at the University of Aberdeen and Deputy Editor for Her Campus Aberdeen
Currently a 3rd year undergraduate at the University of Aberdeen studying English Literature. And the President and Editor in Chief of Her Campus Aberdeen.