alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Cutie – Miss Caitlin McMillan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

So this week, the honour of campus cutie has been given to Caitlin McMillan, the adorable English and Sociology student from Edinburgh. I started off by asking her about her personal style. Despite being bit of a Goth in her first two years at Uni, Caitlin’s now shifted to a more laid back, girly style. 

“Do not underestimate how lazy the past two years have made me, it’s an art form at this point.”

I guess she’s just too committed to her studies to be busy vamping it up every morning (likely story!). I then went onto ask if she had any words of wisdom for you fresher girlies out there living away from home for the first time: 

“Try to avoid liver damage, though accept it as a possibility as you cradle a bottle of Rosé on the night bus.”

Well, I guess you can’t argue with that… Next we spoke about how she’s feeling about the daunting prospect of being in third year. This was met with a pained expression of fear (which I can fully relate to), so I decided to move on to something more lighthearted and, um, topical- the ever important question of “one night stand, marry or cruise”, offering her the choice of Nicola Sturgeon, Alex Salmond or David Cameron. 

“One night stand with Nicola sturgeon because ‘unf.’ Marry David Cameron for the power and eventually overthrow him Game of Thrones style. Cruise with Salmond to cry about referendum together and get it out my system.”

A big thanks to Caitlin for being our Campus Cutie this week, and good luck to all of you cute readers for the new term!

4th year Sociology & International Relations student/ HC chapter editor at the University of Aberdeen. Sharing my thoughts on life, current affairs, media and occasionally baking.
Currently a 3rd year undergraduate at the University of Aberdeen studying English Literature. And the President and Editor in Chief of Her Campus Aberdeen.