This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Campus Cutie- Claire Irvine

This week, Her Campus is bringing you lucky readers the ‘hot grub girl’ herself, Miss Claire Irvine!

Many of you will recognise Claire as your post-institute saviour, a Mother Theresa of sorts except less nun and more panini.  Her Campus sat down with Claire to find out more about the girl behind the paninis and expertly crafted coffee.

The first thing Claire is keen for everyone to know is that although she helps to cure your hangover, she is almost definitely sharing in your pain. In fact, Claire is such a fan of Exodus; she is good friends with the photographer and if any of you fancy a pictorial diary of Claire’s nights out, feel free to head over to the Exodus Facebook page where Claire makes an appearance in most albums! Ever the professional she is ‘(almost) never late for work’, especially now she is the big boss. When asked about her most drunken night in Aberdeen so far, Claire laughs and spends roughly five minutes listing them in her head before choosing a particularly crazy law soc evening involving injury and eggs. Whilst Claire was at Uni she made the most of her social membership at the Law Society and last year on her final family ties she was told to look after an egg until the end of the night, ‘Obviously I broke the egg and rather than doing a forfeit, my supremely drunken mind led me to co-op where I bought a box of eggs and took them to liquid. After a bit of drunken shuffling on the dance floor I managed to really hurt my knee so decided to head home. I got to the taxi queue and realised I still had a box of eggs in my bag so thought the best idea would be to lob them at the growing taxi queue- not my finest moment, sorry if I hit you!’ This was one of Her Campus’ favourite ever drunken stories; Claire is definitely the girl you want to have by your side on a night out!

After the hilarity of ‘egg-gate’ Her Campus asked Claire to describe herself, and she didn’t hesitate with her answer- ‘Talented.’ Although she was having a laugh, this seems pretty apt as Claire has a geography degree under her belt and manages both grub shops. She is also now the proud driver of the notorious ‘Grub Mobile’- ‘it’s my baby!’

Although Claire is taken, she still has a long list of celebrity crushes, but if she was forced to pick one it would be ‘Tom Hardy but Chris Hemsworth is definitely going up on my list’. Claire is also a self-confessed ‘movie nerd’ so if they’re in a movie, even better, but sci-fi is her genre of choice. Although Claire mainly sticks to movies she loves a David Attenborough documentary- ‘he has the most soothing voice’- Her Campus agreed and we get the impression he is another of her celebrity crushes…

So now to the million-dollar question- what would put Claire off a man? Pretty understandably she tells us, ‘Stupidity is a big turn off. I want to date someone who can hold a decent conversation. And you can forget it if you don’t get sarcasm!’ Harsh but true Claire, harsh but true… If a guy is lucky enough to fit the bill then her perfect date would be pretty simple, ‘It would involve alcohol, lasagne and banter’.  Sounds like a pretty sweet time to us!

Another make or break for Claire is an interest in a certain four legged animal…’I can’t trust anyone who doesn’t like dogs. Dogs are better than people so I don’t really understand how you can not like them.’ Claire does assure us she doesn’t exclude any members of the animal kingdom, somewhat controversially she loves cats as well as dogs and even has a major obsession with dinosaurs, and ‘they’re insanely cool.’

Our final question to Claire was about her plans for the future. ‘The five year plan is opening a rival to Grub opposite the Spital shop named ‘Burg’ Don’t tell Stuart.’- your secrets safe with us Claire!

So you heard it here first folks and after spending a hilarious half-hour with Claire, the Her Campus girls are gonna be first in line!

Currently a 3rd year undergraduate at the University of Aberdeen studying English Literature. And the President and Editor in Chief of Her Campus Aberdeen.