Campus Celeb: Miss Rachael Cave

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Name: Rachael Sian Cave.

Position: Women’s hockey president

Year of Uni: 3rd Year

Subject: Psychology (BSc).

Home Town: Edinburgh.

Age: 21. 

HC: How did you get involved with the Aberdeen University women’s hockey club?

Rachael: I have been playing hockey since I was 8 years old and all throughout school, so as soon as I arrived at University, I went to the sports fair, signed up and went to trials.

HC: What has been your highlight?

Rachael: I have a few highlights. Firstly, being voted and trusted to be president of the club! Secondly, our hockey tour to Salou! Although I was incredibly ill, it was great to get to know everyone on the tour, and there were so many funny times.

HC: What do you love doing in your spare time?

Rachael: When I’m not playing hockey or studying, I enjoy spending time with my flatmates and friends. I love going to the cinema during a cold Aberdeen winter and going to the beach when it’s warm. I also love baking, cooking and drinking way too much tea!!

HC: If your flatmates could describe you in three words, what would they be?

Rachael: Thoughtful, organised and loyal.

HC: Do you have any pre-match rituals?

Rachael: I listen to motivational music on the way to games.

HC: What are your plans post University?

Rachael: I have no idea at the moment; I am looking at psychology master courses at the moment, and animal behaviour is looking like a possibility. Who knows — I could be the female answer to David Attenborough!!

HC: Why should girls join/watch the hockey club?

Rachael: Hockey is a great sport to watch and play and is extremely sociable. With the club catering for all abilities, even those who want to just come to the socials are more than welcome! Everyone is extremely friendly, and new members are really looked after. It’s a great way to get involved in Uni life and meet lots of new people. I LOVE AUWHC!!!!!

Currently a 3rd year undergraduate at the University of Aberdeen studying English Literature. And the President and Editor in Chief of Her Campus Aberdeen.
Hi, I'm Rachel! I am currently pursuing a degree in English and Politics at UofA, graduating in 2016. I love all things pink, sparkly and pug related. Proud to be President and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Aberdeen.