carrie bradshaw i live here
carrie bradshaw i live here
New Line Cinema

Are You The Carrie Bradshaw of Your Friendship Group?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Are you a Carrie, a Samantha, a Miranda or a Charlotte? Let’s be honest, we’ve all have wondered this at least a couple times while watching the show. The writers of Sex and the City have managed to create four completely different characters that viewers all over the world can relate to, whether they can see themselves accurately portrayed on the screen or whether they only identify with certain characteristics of the character.

In this first article of the series, we’ll take a look at what makes a Carrie. Many surveys have pointed out that the majority of viewers identify as a Carrie, and perhaps this is because she is the protagonist of the show (and, as cliché as it sounds, we are the protagonists of our own lives) or even because her chaotic, shoe-filled life is what is inside of our wildest dreams. It’s time to find out if you are the Carrie Bradshaw of your friend group:

#1 She loves shopping

Perhaps the most obvious character trait to point out, the Carrie friend is constantly on the hunt for new clothes. She reads every fashion magazine and follows every Instagram fashion account to keep up with the latest trends. She is also not afraid of trying every trend at least once! Her style is daring and she has a closet full of unique pieces.

#2 Shoes are her weakness

Despite her ability to find the best deals, knowledge of where to find cheap designer items, and knowing the local thrift stores like the palm of her hand, she will always splurge on shoes. She owns more pairs of shoes than her closet can handle, and she isn’t afraid to mix and match!

#3 She is friends with everyone

The Carrie friend is someone who is constantly being invited to parties. Her social abilities are outstanding, she is the social butterfly of the group.

#4 She is not very good at finances

Let’s be honest, the Carrie friend could use some help in the finance department. She usually spends most of her money on clothes and overpriced coffee, making it hard for her to make ends meet by the end of the month.

#5 She is creative

The Carrie friend is most likely an aspiring writer or journalist, who is constantly reflecting on her life to put it into beautiful words to share with the world. She also probably has a blog that she writes in her spare time.

After writing this article, I couldn’t help but wonder… do you have what it takes to be the Carrie friend?

Miriam Toucedo

Aberdeen '21

20 year old Spanish exchange student at the University of Aberdeen. English Language and Literature.
Jade Kay

Aberdeen '20

Philosophy student at Aberdeen with an interest in entertainment reviews, tips, tricks, make-up and positivity.